Do you use your own merchandise?

Quatec

Apr 21, 2016
Quateck
I know it's a bit weird, but I always like using a facecamera on my recordings despite how comfortable I am during recordings. It helps my anxiety.

Anyway, that's not what this thread is about. I was wondering subjectively what you thought about using your own merchandise, as I am getting my own. I'm not typically saying for you to open a shop and to sell to subscribers, but I mean t-shirts during recordings or livestreams, or even more.

Since I like recording on my webcamera, I have decided that I wanted a blue t-shirt with my logo on everytime I record, not to help advertise it since it would be pointless, but because I feel like it would be nice to do that specifically as you know yourself you are special and one of the subjects of the channel.

So this is what made me make this thread. By any chance do/would you like to make your own merchandise for your own channel?

Alkaline Martin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 17, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
I think this is a good idea..

I myself have a lil store and even have a couple of them myself and even though i dont do cams during my videos well that just because ive not got a good enough camera but when i do i also plan on wearing my channel shirts, it more or less makes that statement that you are taking your brand seriously.

This is just an example of one of my shirts:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cfsr_95WsAElRhp.jpg

So yeah to sum up, i think having your own merch is a great thing and makes a good stement also

Quatec

Apr 21, 2016
Quateck
I think this is a good idea..

I myself have a lil store and even have a couple of them myself and even though i dont do cams during my videos well that just because ive not got a good enough camera but when i do i also plan on wearing my channel shirts, it more or less makes that statement that you are taking your brand seriously.

This is just an example of one of my shirts:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cfsr_95WsAElRhp.jpg

So yeah to sum up, i think having your own merch is a great thing and makes a good stement also
Thanks! (also, that shirt is sexy, hmu, jkjk xD) no offense please i jk
When I eventually set up merch I probably will, but I have no plan on doing that until I (hopefully) get near 100,000 subs as I don't see any point in having any before then.
I don't necessarily mean a merchandise store for subscribers but as, say a shirt whilst recording to tell your subscribers that you're serious about your own channel and art.

Reactions: Alkaline Martin

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
I definitely think if you have a demand for merch, it's a great way to advertise your merch. I only have 20 subs, so there is absolutely no need for me to have merch, but if I did I would wear the hell out of it.

Quatec

Apr 21, 2016
Quateck
Sorry to bump this thread I suppose, but I wanted to announce I got my shirt! Sadly, it's designed as my old logo, but regardless, this is going to be my recording t-shirt! I feel even more confident!

Logo it was based off (though extended)

Whaddaya think? :D

Reactions: Alkaline Martin

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I KIND of have some of my own merchandise.. that I made about 2 years ago which are lanyards. And they're so cute that I have to use it. XD Plus, no one else is. Well, I have some sitting around and they were meant to be for giveaways, but I forgot.