Casanova Kurai

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 13, 2016
Tennessee
YouTube
A quick review for you guys if you're interested.

AMAZING pictures. this camera is wonderful for what it does, the flip screen is great for vlogging and it takes gorgeous shots. As long as you have a camera grip stick then you'll do great walking around with it.
It has gorgeous low lighting auto and manual adjustments and it's got a great 18mm-55mm lens that typically comes with it, for both wide angle and close up shots.

Unfortunately I would like the auto focus to be a little faster, for video. it seems to have problems quickly adjusting, and i often have to stand and wait a few seconds after my last goofy close up to have it readjust and start my next statement. I would have liked it to be a second and not 3-4.

However, it's AMAZING for what it does. if you are okay with putting down 600+ dollars for a camera (500 or less if you can find refurbished or on craigslist and you can talk them down a little more) and the best part is that, since it's a canon lenses are easy to find elsewhere for sale and used.

Casanova Kurai <3

Reactions: [ILYC]Rarity

Casanova Kurai

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 13, 2016
Tennessee
YouTube
Yes! It works wonderfully! The image stabilizing works wonders, and it takes beautiful stills.
Though I have had a few people say it didn't "Feel" like a professional camera. It's wonderful for ametures and you really don't need something more unless you're really looking to do it for a full time profession and dish out over a thousand bucks.
(tripod recommended non the less if you shaky hands like mine.)
This one is a STEAL! I loved it, and use it all the time, it even has a crank to elevate it to the exact height you need it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GD6XBLU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Terry Smith

Aug 31, 2015
YouTube
if you want to save a little money, the Sony a5000 is a mirrorless DSLR that offers 20.1Mpx vs the t5i's 18Mpx and has a higher max ISO for better low light shots. I know..I have the a5000 lol great camera for around $450 USD.

Casanova Kurai

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 13, 2016
Tennessee
YouTube
if you want to save a little money, the Sony a5000 is a mirrorless DSLR that offers 20.1Mpx vs the t5i's 18Mpx and has a higher max ISO for better low light shots. I know..I have the a5000 lol great camera for around $450 USD.

YES! Sony a5000 as I can tell online is also a great buy for the price.

However, I have more than enough lights, and portable lights to setup in case I need to go somewhere for a shoot. (three giant box lights and a couple smaller led box lights) If it's night time I have a tripod; also the camera actually has 25600 iso for stills and 12800 for film if you turn the iso expansion option on (which is much higher than the a5000). So for me it was a perfect buy and it's just so well made and much more durable which helps being a vlogger running around with a camera (higher scratch resistance). Most vloggers also aren't doing professional level editing techniques, which is why I recommend it for vlogging and not a higher pixel rate camera.