Solved "false?" Copyright claim on my Persona 5 Walkthrough Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

slumberRabbit

Rising User
Jan 2, 2016
I hope everyone is doing well.

My channel is non-commentary gaming, just like any other channels that do the same.

As you may know, Atlus is strict with Persona 5 walkthroughs on YouTube.
So this past week, I received copyright strikes from a "company" that may be related to Atlus, but when I checked the channel that flagged the videos, it doesn't look like Atlus. It just has Atlus' name in their channel.

Does this channel look like Atlus to you?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCONE3eLL1pU7UKBX_jswIQ

I see there are other Persona 5 walkthroughs that do the same thing as me with thousands of views, which are searchable for Manual Content ID, while mine were taken down.

It seems that my channel isn't allowed to have Persona 5 videos while larger and more noticeable channels, which do the same thing, are allowed too.

I don't care for the views from those videos.
It's like, out of all the noticeable Persona 5 walkthroughs on YouTube, my channel, a small one, why mine?

What do you think about my situation?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Can you take a screenshot of the notice? Unfortunately it does look like Persona 5 isn't allowed for monetization from what I have seen (lots of other smaller channels have had the same thing happen). You need to be especially careful uploading if there is no commentary, a lot of game publishers only allow monetization if commentary is included. Just note that larger channels may have a licence from the publisher to upload gameplay, or they may have just not been caught.

It is weird that it's such a small random channel (still could belong to the company though...)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.