Network Freedom! Central Lacks Production Quality?

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
NOTE: You might have to read the whole thing for it to make sense and come out properly.

Hey Freedom Family,
It's your ol friend Showcase Here and I'm back with another thread but this time talking about something a bit more serious.

Now if you have looked on Freedom! Central as I'm sure many of you watch it you would know how informative and valuable the videos on the channel are to freedom partners.
Most days Pappa George puts our exciting episodes of the George show with topics from support to announcements which we all love.
Then Anthony puts out really good videos discussing network topics and YouTube news.
Yet there's just one thing that I think the channel needs work on.
PRODUCTION QUALITY.
The content and information on the channel is amazing but it lacks the production quality that's needed for a network like this.
Now Anthony has great production quality and George isn't that far off but I'm talking about a channel as a whole.
There seems to be no intros/branding, some thumbnails are half decent.
Over time I've noticed that they've tried to improve it but they went back to the old ways.
Here's some things I believe could be done to make it better:
  • Have freedom stylised video assets such as lower thirds and other in video overlays made to suit the channel and the show.
  • Have an intro displayed in every video, I know freedom already has one in their branding kit. Have a 5 second introduction to he topic of the video then have the intro. Like youtuber NickNimmin does with his videos.
  • Get a proper network promo, I know there's old ones of George standing in front of a green screen pointing out the features but it needs a proper one not just the latest video.
  • The George show needs proper thumbnail instead of a Google doc with the title on it. (But I have noticed his thumbnails getting better lately)
I love the content but those things above need to be considered. I'm a filmmaker and happy to work with them on some of the video aspects but if they take these pointers into account their production value will skyrocket.
In my opinion Anthony has the best production value and George has the most informative videos.

Also, this is completely unrelated but I believe the community forums and the steam community need more recognition. I'd be happy to make a promo video for each but that's up to the staff to decide.
On top of that the somewhat dead freedom tunes library should be ressurected from its grave:
https://freedom.community.tm/threads/more-awareness-for-tunes-audio-library.209998/

I'm in no way hating against freedom in this post, I know it may have come out a bit harsh, but these are some things that really need to be considered at this size of the network.

Thanks for reading this,
Feel free to pass this onto other partners and staff you may know.
Until next time,
Stay awesome, be motivated and never give up!

Last edited:

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
I agree. Tunes also is something that I want to see back because I use it so much but there just wasn't enough music on there to use

I actually found quite a decent amount, certainly not as much as other libraries but the thing that was bad about it was the player, the layout and the look, also, the lack of styling such as album art and everything was all over the place.

I might work on a promo video for the community and surprise the forums staff with something that could maybe use.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
For me it is not the branding or the thumbnail wich makes things important but the information that is given wich is on points and helpfull to the community.

By going back to their old ways they set a example. It is something everyone recognizes Freedom for so in my opinion it is good as it is.

I also believe the have great content, and it's awesome for partners to have this information and these videos at this disposal. I believe these are some factors that could raise their value and get even better while keeping their shows and info. I'm not saying change their shows I'm just saying they should add some things to make them even better.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I also believe the have great content, and it's awesome for partners to have this information and these videos at this disposal. I believe these are some factors that could raise their value and get even better while keeping their shows and info. I'm not saying change their shows I'm just saying they should add some things to make them even better.
Yea i understand, i don't know the reason behind it but seeing they use the same method regarding thumbnails is to make something we all easily recognize Freedom for :)

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Yea i understand, i don't know the reason behind it but seeing they use the same method regarding thumbnails is to make something we all easily recognize Freedom for :)

Yea. The thing I believe they should focus on even more is getting their community and other network places more recognised. Especially the tunes library which has lots of potential.
They have a great steam community and forums yet not all partners pay attention to it, especially the steam group which is good for gamers. I'm going to be working with Anthony on the steam group to get more people on it and to bring more exciting content to it, maybe weekly gaming wrap ups like we have on the forums and gaming competitions for freedom partners.