Future of Super Smash Brothers

Feb 15, 2016
California
YouTube
What will the future of Super Smash Brothers be like? Most of us know and love Melee, but some newer players complain that it is an old game, or it is too fast paced for them. After Melee came Brawl, a notably slower placed, less technical game. It is speculated that Brawl was made like this so that newer players wouldn't be scared off from a steep learning curve like the one Melee had. A slow-paced game(Brawl) influenced the creation of a mod to make the game more like Melee. The result was Project M. This mod was a success but died within a few years. After those games came Smash 4. This game was faster paced and slightly more technical than Brawl. But, Melee lovers were disappointed. Many game mechanics, techniques, and(fair) exploits from Melee weren't added in Smash 4! I Believe that if another Smash game is released, and it is not technical like Melee, the series may turn into a game not fit for tournaments, or it may even die.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Smash Bros isn't going anywhere any time soon. The 3DS installment is the 2nd best selling game in the series behind Brawl and ahead of Melee. Meanwhile the Wii U installment with nearly 5 million copies sold of it's own has a gigantic attach rate belonging to more than a third of all Wii U owners. The attach rate on it (37.3%) is higher than what even Melee pulled in with the gamecube (32.5%)

Combine the two together and this is easily going to be the best selling smash bros game in the entire series.

LanokirX

Respected User
Feb 9, 2016
Värnamo, Sweden
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I doubt that the Smash bros franchise will die. Nintendo have an ability to make strong titles of their old franchise, just look at Mario, Link etc. And in my opinion, have the Smash games just gotten better and always exciting to see new characters they get into the games! (Still, where the hell is Simon Belmont!?)

PS, awesome name Kratos, love Tales of Symphonia! : D

Reactions: Kratos Aurion
Feb 15, 2016
California
YouTube
Smash Bros isn't going anywhere any time soon. The 3DS installment is the 2nd best selling game in the series behind Brawl and ahead of Melee. Meanwhile the Wii U installment with nearly 5 million copies sold of it's own has a gigantic attach rate belonging to more than a third of all Wii U owners. The attach rate on it (37.3%) is higher than what even Melee pulled in with the gamecube (32.5%)

Combine the two together and this is easily going to be the best selling smash bros game in the entire series.
but me and pther melee players will never be satisfied without a technical game like melee :(

Feb 15, 2016
California
YouTube
I doubt that the Smash bros franchise will die. Nintendo have an ability to make strong titles of their old franchise, just look at Mario, Link etc. And in my opinion, have the Smash games just gotten better and always exciting to see new characters they get into the games! (Still, where the hell is Simon Belmont!?)

PS, awesome name Kratos, love Tales of Symphonia! : D
The newer games dont have the technical fast paced play that melee did

LanokirX

Respected User
Feb 9, 2016
Värnamo, Sweden
www.youtube.com
YouTube
The newer games dont have the technical fast paced play that melee did
Maybe not, but it have many other new things instead, like more items etc. Maybe it just suits me, but think they just gotten better. c: Though love all the Smash games, been getting the games since the very first one.

And I mean, if Call of Duty can produce 1-2 games a year in the same franchise and still go big, do I doubt Smash will be out in any time soon. :)