Gaining more subscribers?

Fluxxiee

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 20, 2015
YouTube
So my question is what is the key to gaining new subscribers? I've been advertising my channel on google plus like hell. I can't really think of anything else. Can anyone give me some advice? I've gained 10 subs within a week. It just seems really slow.

MrPlankGamingYoutube

Rising User
Jul 8, 2015
.i.
Advertize on facebook
Ask your friends to share..
Win shoutout competitions..
Have an outstanding name that can attract the audience..
Thumbnails must be outstanding and try being original...
(Not saying u arent) just sayin..
checked ur channel..
ur mic's volume is too low or it must be my headset?? \\\o.o///
Play Trending Games..

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You need alot of good things.
You need good...
  • Content quality
  • Thumbnails
  • Description
  • Title
  • SEO (3 above this)
I also recommend NOT posting on places made for YouTubers, since your viewers are not there. Your viewers are on YouTube and YouTube alone, so you need to have your SEO and things that benefit your growth on YouTube itself.

Riddikore

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2015
YouTube
Yep, I'd also add that talking to people helps more than posting links all over the place. Branch outside of places where everyone is promoting. Comment on popular facebook posts or tweets or reddit posts. Once people get to know you and or if you say something interesting that's non-channel related, they'll be more likely to check out your profile where you probably have a link to your channel :)

Thunderbolt

Electronic Musician & Video Game Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2014
Malaysia
YouTube
zackstrikes
Advertising on Google+? No wonder... Get some cleaner looking thumbnails, and get a sharper logo.

Another thing I can advise you is... go on a famous YouTuber's video and post a joke relative to the video in the comment section, those who like your joke might check your channel out.

Flex Bormarr

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
Subs are the ability to keep them around with a good personality, high quality videos, and thumbnails. A good way to start getting views is reddit. One of my videos got 70 views in a few hours when normally it might get 10. But you can sometimes have a lot of people down vote it.

Fluxxiee

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 20, 2015
YouTube
The reason I have the thumbnails like that is because it stands out and it's eye catching.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Social media is the key most times.

Sharing on FB, Twitter and even Instagram can make a difference. Getting your name out their, meet up with new people who share your content to reach a bigger audience.

Since i started being active on twitter and Instagram i saw my YT channel gaining more vieuws and subs over time

Fluxxiee

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 20, 2015
YouTube
Thanks guys I'll try Instagram aswell. I've got Twitter and Facebook but they don't seem to be helping. Maybe I'm using the wrong hashtags on Twitter.

Kovuix

Kovu Productions
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
So my question is what is the key to gaining new subscribers? I've been advertising my channel on google plus like hell. I can't really think of anything else. Can anyone give me some advice? I've gained 10 subs within a week. It just seems really slow.

I would suggest, be yourself. Continue to be creative in your way and keep sharing. If people like your stuff, they will subscribe. Casey Neistat couldn't have said it better. If you want to hear how he said it check his video out "How to get 1 million subscribers"

STOP RIGGHT THERE!. Advertising on google plus is not going to help your channel, it's just going to be seen as self advertising and people don't always pay attention to that. And 10 subs a week is not slow. My advice is find some people who are willing to give you shout outs. We will be happy to put you on our featured channels list. Send us an email with the lick to your channel, info about your channel, a copy of your channel icon. We will get back to you.

Email: [email protected]

Also watch this video:

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
It may be the hardest thing to have to do as far as subs, Keep up what you're doing and simply wait. If you already don't have a strong following on sites of choice, (I.E. Facebook, Reddit, twitter, pintrest, ect.) It may be just as hard getting likes and subs to those as you'll primarily be using them to advertise... and most of the time be brushed off as nothing... Simply wait, you're subs will come. This is the only sure fire way to get subs, continue content creation, and wait for your subs to trickle in.

Odyssey_YT

New User
Dec 10, 2015
Advertize on facebook
Ask your friends to share..
Win shoutout competitions..
Have an outstanding name that can attract the audience..
Thumbnails must be outstanding and try being original...
(Not saying u arent) just sayin..
checked ur channel..
ur mic's volume is too low or it must be my headset?? \\\o.o///
Play Trending Games..
Can You please give my channel a look and tell me what I can improve on.
I have been gaining subs quite slow.
I cant think of anything to improve on.