Global Market Freakout Of 2016

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
The global market freakout of 2016 just got worse.
The latest scare came on Thursday as China's stock market crashed 7% overnight and crude oil plummeted to the lowest level in more than 12 years.

The Dow dropped 392 points on Thursday. The S&P 500 fell 2.4%, while the Nasdaq tumbled 3%.

The wave of selling has knocked the Dow down 911 points, or more than 5% so far this year. That's the worst four-day percentage loss to start a year on record, according to FactSet stats that go back to 1897. The Nasdaq, down over 6% in 2016, is off to its bleakest start since 2000.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/07/investing/stocks-markets-dow-china/

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
The global market freakout of 2016 just got worse.
The latest scare came on Thursday as China's stock market crashed 7% overnight and crude oil plummeted to the lowest level in more than 12 years.

The Dow dropped 392 points on Thursday. The S&P 500 fell 2.4%, while the Nasdaq tumbled 3%.

The wave of selling has knocked the Dow down 911 points, or more than 5% so far this year. That's the worst four-day percentage loss to start a year on record, according to FactSet stats that go back to 1897. The Nasdaq, down over 6% in 2016, is off to its bleakest start since 2000.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/07/investing/stocks-markets-dow-china/
Not going to lie, as this is my first thought to seeing this post.

This is the first post that you've posted where capitalization is proper. Then I realized it was copy/paste from the link at the bottom.
So close.

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Not going to lie, as this is my first thought to seeing this post.

This is the first post that you've posted where capitalization is proper. Then I realized it was copy/paste from the link at the bottom.
So close.
HAY That The Way I Type And If You Don't Like It You Can Just Stop Reading My Post
I Will Type The Way I Want And Nobody Will Tell Me What Is Proper And What Is Not

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
HAY That The Way I Type And If You Don't Like It You Can Just Stop Reading My Post
I Will Type The Way I Want And Nobody Will Tell Me What Is Proper And What Is Not
Well, there is the basic rules of writing in English.
Nobody can tell you how to write, but it does boast implications for those who read your posts.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
^ Both of you stay on topic please >: although I am kind of curious why you type like that, doesn't it take a lot longer to type or are you just used to it or something? *tells self to stay on topic* :D

There hasn't been all that much news on this although it's pretty bad. I have shares that have gone lower than they were after the GFC crash at 2007. Hope they don't keep going down :(

Reactions: CyberPhython

Maple Leaf Games

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2014
United States
YouTube
It's just disappointing one of the countries with the largest population in the world can't keep up their market which then affects people around the world due to what they have done.