Going off the college soon!

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Ugh, I'm going to be a senior next year and guess what that means? Lots and lots of essay writing and lots and lots of college research. I'm supposed to know exactly where I want to go to college but honestly, I still don't know and the places I actually want to go are reach schools! I'm so tired of searching for colleges! It's such a boring and tedious process! And don't even get me started on college essays! Literally every college I'm applying asks "Why this college?" and I'm so tired of answering the same questions over and over and over again.
Who else is going through or has gone through this? Please! I need someone to reassure me that I'm not the only one going through this right now!
Also, is there anyone out there really good at college essays or know of someone who is? I would love some tips and someone who can proofread some of my essays since this is my first time and I have no idea what I'm doing!

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
I went through this. I only had one school that I absolutely wanted to get into, so I applied there and to 4 or 5 of the schools that are close by. I really just chose schools that offered the degree I wanted. If I didn't get accepted into the school I wanted I was going to pick the school that offered me the best price/institutional scholarships. Ultimately I decided to go to a community college and I am going to transfer after two years because it was going to save me like $50,000 in the long run, I didn't realize the school I wanted to go to cost as much as it did (oops I should have looked at that). I also spent the summer after my senior year doing college visit after college visit after college visit, which really helped me narrow down which schools I actually liked instead of just liking a school because it was going to be cheap. I would suggest college visits. Apply to several schools and plan a visit to each one. Being able to see the campus, and sometimes even talk to the students makes it much easier to decide which schools you like. As for answering the same questions over and over again, it sucks, but just push through. Some of the generic questions they asked I wrote out some templates for myself and was able to just change the name of the school and add in a few things that I liked about the school to each and copy and paste. Also, I can't say I'm a pro at writing college essays, or anything really, but sometimes it is nice to have someone, anyone, read over your work and give you some feedback, I would be more than happy to if you wanna PM me.

Reactions: Christina Kersten

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I went through this. I only had one school that I absolutely wanted to get into, so I applied there and to 4 or 5 of the schools that are close by. I really just chose schools that offered the degree I wanted. If I didn't get accepted into the school I wanted I was going to pick the school that offered me the best price/institutional scholarships. Ultimately I decided to go to a community college and I am going to transfer after two years because it was going to save me like $50,000 in the long run, I didn't realize the school I wanted to go to cost as much as it did (oops I should have looked at that). I also spent the summer after my senior year doing college visit after college visit after college visit, which really helped me narrow down which schools I actually liked instead of just liking a school because it was going to be cheap. I would suggest college visits. Apply to several schools and plan a visit to each one. Being able to see the campus, and sometimes even talk to the students makes it much easier to decide which schools you like. As for answering the same questions over and over again, it sucks, but just push through. Some of the generic questions they asked I wrote out some templates for myself and was able to just change the name of the school and add in a few things that I liked about the school to each and copy and paste. Also, I can't say I'm a pro at writing college essays, or anything really, but sometimes it is nice to have someone, anyone, read over your work and give you some feedback, I would be more than happy to if you wanna PM me.

Oh wow, that was nice reading your story! Thanks for sharing! And I probably should do some college visits, haha, I haven't done any. And thanks for the tip about the template! I need to do that!

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Ugh, I'm going to be a senior next year and guess what that means? Lots and lots of essay writing and lots and lots of college research. I'm supposed to know exactly where I want to go to college but honestly, I still don't know and the places I actually want to go are reach schools! I'm so tired of searching for colleges! It's such a boring and tedious process! And don't even get me started on college essays! Literally every college I'm applying asks "Why this college?" and I'm so tired of answering the same questions over and over and over again.
Who else is going through or has gone through this? Please! I need someone to reassure me that I'm not the only one going through this right now!
Also, is there anyone out there really good at college essays or know of someone who is? I would love some tips and someone who can proofread some of my essays since this is my first time and I have no idea what I'm doing!

Uhh horrible I know but believe me this is not only in college but for the rest of your life sorry to say :'( I'm applying for a parttime jobs and every company asks you to write motivation where I have to state to love serving people!? and thrive in a hectic environment and let's not forget I'm flexibel and always open to new things...!!? what in some way is just all ******** because I just want a job..... and a parttime side job next to my future study is not going to be my dream job... it's going to be the place where I earn money to keep living and eventually leave for a better job in my profession that I'm studying for... ohh well...

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Uhh horrible I know but believe me this is not only in college but for the rest of your life sorry to say :'( I'm applying for a parttime jobs and every company asks you to write motivation where I have to state to love serving people!? and thrive in a hectic environment and let's not forget I'm flexibel and always open to new things...!!? what in some way is just all ******** because I just want a job..... and a parttime side job next to my future study is not going to be my dream job... it's going to be the place where I earn money to keep living and eventually leave for a better job in my profession that I'm studying for... ohh well...
Uuuuuugh, that sounds horrible!!! Why must life be this waaay!!!! Best of luck on finding a job!