Not open for further replies.

Techno Creeper

Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2017
Earth
youtube.com
YouTube
realMrTechno
UPDATE: Right now I'm having an email conversation with support. I probably will get back in.

NEWER UPDATE: One of my videos which clearly does fall into Fair Use is preventing me from getting into Freedom.

NEW NEWER UPDATE: The guy who owns the video told me that he will contact Freedom! to resolve the issue.

In less than a month after joining Freedom, and after a month trying to get in, I have been kicked from Freedom. It looks like there is no way to get back in because everytime I hit the orange cycle button in my Freedom dashboard, it fails to request. I already contacted support and they said one or more of my videos were copyrighted content. I deleted all of my videos that had a trace of copyright in them and replied back. I have yet to hear a response. Besides, I'm not sure if they will accept me again even if they deem my channel copyright-free. With the new YouTube monetization rule of channels having less than 10k views unable to put ads on their videos, I think Freedom is only looking for people that can bring them money. Looks like this is my final goodbye. I will still be active on the forums.

-Techno Creeper

Last edited:

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hi,
I'm sorry This has happened to you. Hopefully you can get this resolved. Just to let you know, a large number of partners have been removed from the freedom network lately due to algorithms.
Also, this would be best suited in the support section. I will have it moved.
All the best!

Upvote 0

KeithExplores

Freedom! Member
As a partner, I too am curious why this thread hasn't had any reply from Freedom staff! It's rather concerning for smaller channels who might read this post and think that Freedom is only in this for the money, and that is off-putting. I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you, and wish you good luck and hope someone from Freedom can help you out with this.

Upvote 0

LessPvtParts

Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2014
New York
YouTube
How about after almost 3 years and 250k views without any copyright strike always been in good standing getting kicked from freedom...Yeah gotta love it...

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As a partner, I too am curious why this thread hasn't had any reply from Freedom staff! It's rather concerning for smaller channels who might read this post and think that Freedom is only in this for the money, and that is off-putting. I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you, and wish you good luck and hope someone from Freedom can help you out with this.
Sorry that you feel this way. This thread was initially placed in the 'Network' discussion section of the forum, and it was only after it was flagged by another user of the forum that I moved this to the support section so it could be properly addressed. With regards to this Techno Creeper has also been in contact with myself about the issue and I am looking into this - there has been some issues with regards to the algorithm Freedom was using to highlight channels similar to one's being terminated by YouTube - and that some of things being flagged by Freedom's system were for minor things but automatically placing these users on a queue to be unlinked, unfortunately. We (Freedom) have made a thread readily available on the forums about this and posted a video on the main Freedom Youtube channel about this, and are working through all outstanding applications and queries that this may present. Also also mentioned by Techno Creeper at the top of his message they have also been in contact with the support team and it seems like they will be reinvited back into the Network

Upvote 0

KeithExplores

Freedom! Member
Sorry that you feel this way. This thread was initially placed in the 'Network' discussion section of the forum, and it was only after it was flagged by another user of the forum that I moved this to the support section so it could be properly addressed.
I'm sorry if my comment seemed damming towards freedom staffs ability to deal with any individual issue, as this was not my intention to imply, and I was asking more so; out of curiosity. I was also unaware it was posted in the wrong section of the forums as you've pointed out. On the upper hand, it is good to see that this issue was created in system error and not in some form of deliberate action, and that the OP will be likely re-invited back in despite the new youtube monetization policy against upcoming youtubers with less than 10K views. Thanks for the reassurances.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I'm sorry if my comment seemed damming towards freedom staffs ability to deal with any individual issue, as this was not my intention to imply, and I was asking more so; out of curiosity. I was also unaware it was posted in the wrong section of the forums as you've pointed out. On the upper hand, it is good to see that this issue was created in system error and not in some form of deliberate action, and that the OP will be likely re-invited back in despite the new youtube monetization policy against upcoming youtubers with less than 10K views. Thanks for the reassurances.
Not a problem there Keith. I understand things can be taken out of context and seem to come across differently in text form.

Reactions: KeithExplores
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.