*HALLOWEEN SPECIAL* Scariest Movie?

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
Hey everyone! :) Spooky time is upon us, so what is the scariest movie you have ever watched?
The scariest movie I've ever watched is The Human Centipede 2, simply because of how disturbing and realistic it felt, as opposed to the first one. It really messed me up!
So what is yours? Short films count as well! :D

Chazore13

Aug 23, 2015
YouTube
Chazore13
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is probably my #1. Knowing that it's based on a true story really gets to me.
Now I'm a fan of horror movies, but I think (just like Disney) that most movies post 2000 are REALLY, REALLY bad. *cough*Unfriended*Cough*
Oh. Quarantine was another one I thought was good. I like blaire witch type movies, I guess. I just see it as a much deeper way to get immersed because you're the one holding the camera.

Reactions: Savannah

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is probably my #1. Knowing that it's based on a true story really gets to me.
Now I'm a fan of horror movies, but I think (just like Disney) that most movies post 2000 are REALLY, REALLY bad. *cough*Unfriended*Cough*
Oh. Quarantine was another one I thought was good. I like blaire witch type movies, I guess. I just see it as a much deeper way to get immersed because you're the one holding the camera.

I liked the newest one a lot! I thought the story was great, but it didn't scare me (it takes A LOT to scare me lol). :p
I so agree that most movies have gone down hill, especially horror. I also like the "found-footage" horror as well. You might like Megan Is Missing and the VHS movies, if you haven't already watched them. Be forewarned that Megan Is Missing is VERY disturbing and it shook me in the last 15 minutes.

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
I don't know really... maybe Annabelle that was pretty creepy xD i need scary film suggestions for Halloween though!

Anabelle didn't scare me too much, mostly because I couldn't take the doll seriously lol, but it definitely was super creepy. :p For suggestions, I think you should look up movies based on what is scary to you. For me, realistic situations scare me the most. :)

DatFlander

Sep 28, 2015
YouTube
Anabelle didn't scare me too much, mostly because I couldn't take the doll seriously lol, but it definitely was super creepy. :p For suggestions, I think you should look up movies based on what is scary to you. For me, realistic situations scare me the most. :)
Yea the doll was pretty funny tbf :'D i don't really know :/ I like ghost films like paranormal activity but they dont really scare me they are just good to watch (with friends xD)

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
Yea the doll was pretty funny tbf :'D i don't really know :/ I like ghost films like paranormal activity but they dont really scare me they are just good to watch (with friends xD)

Perhaps you should venture off into psychological thrillers, since they can be pretty terrifying. However, when I was younger, possession movies like The Exorcist scared me so badly I cried lol.

DatFlander

Sep 28, 2015
YouTube
Perhaps you should venture off into psychological thrillers, since they can be pretty terrifying. However, when I was younger, possession movies like The Exorcist scared me so badly I cried lol.
Yea i will probably just carry on watching whatever they upload to Netflix or sky xD haha ive never seen the exorcist but i have heard a lot about it :'D

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
Yea i will probably just carry on watching whatever they upload to Netflix or sky xD haha ive never seen the exorcist but i have heard a lot about it :'D

Yeah Netflix sometimes has really good stuff lol, and omg it used to be SO terrifying to me. It's one of those movies that almost every horror movie buff has watched and people either find it scary or hilarious lol XD

DatFlander

Sep 28, 2015
YouTube
Yep lol, haha i think im gonna have to give it a watch soon! I will let you know if i find it scary or funny once i have watched it! xD

theTOM

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
I absolutely LOVE horror movies, I can't imagine my life without them.
Lots of movies made me jump, others made me laugh, others made me feel bad about myself and others made me cry too :D.
Here are some of them:

- CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST:
AKA One of the most banned movies ever, is a story about cannibal aborigines divided in two parts:
The first one is good, but can be boring for someone; but the second one is one of the most gruesome things I've ever saw: full of animal snuff scenes (they kill REAL animals) and creepy and disgusting cannibals eating the crap out of humans. So, yeah. Prepare the puke bucket.

- NOROI: THE CURSE:
Based on the found footage format, this Japanese film is WAAAY beyond scary. It's extreme, it's creepy, it's strange, it's beautiful. It is pretty long for being a horror movie (1h 55m), but it's one of the pillars of J-Horror. Must Watch if you like creepy paranormal stuff.

- ABCs OF DEATH 1/2:
[Removed since it could be considered offensive] I L O V E anthology movies. And this two movies are in my top 10 Horror Movie list. It is basically this: 28 different short films, created by 28 different filmmakers about matching a letter with the topic Death. How cool is that? I can answer this question: VERY COOL. Must Watch.

- THE WARD:
You know that famous love/hate relationships? Well, I have one with this movie.
Made by HORROR GOD John Carpenter, tells the story about a girl (Amber Heard, which is pretty hot) who is locked in a mental institute due to burning her house and freaking going insane. In the '60s. When lobotomy was legal. You know how this goes. An awesome take on a overused topic. Worth a watch.

- INSIDIOUS (the first one):
Yes, yes. After this tons of super cheeky movies, you would be like: "Why the hell Insidious? So commerc1al xdxdlollmao"; the only reason is that THIS MOVIE MADE MY CRY AND LITERALLY CRAP MY PANTS.
Thanks to its jumpscares, atmosphere, REALLY CREEPY characters and BEAUTIFUL direction by James Wan (his last movie was Furious 7) this lil guy right here made me lose two years of life. Not Joking. But I would watch it again and again, until I can survive normally this movie. I will, I promise.

Last, but not least:

- THE SHINING:
Some of you can think this as a thriller, or you can think it as a horror movie, like myself.
No matter the opinion, but you CANNOT argue that THIS MASTERPIECE is one of the greatest movies in Horror history. Kubrick is a twisted genius, and nobody can [removed for language] you like he did in this movie. Must watch 200 times a week.

Well, I hope that this list was alright to you, and keep in mind that I would add more movies, but then it could be too boring due to its length.

Happy Watching! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
Lots of movies made me jump, others made me laugh, others made me feel bad about myself and others made me cry too :D.
Here are some of them:

- CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST:
AKA One of the most banned movies ever, is a story about cannibal aborigines divided in two parts:
The first one is good, but can be boring for someone; but the second one is one of the most gruesome things I've ever saw: full of animal snuff scenes (they kill REAL animals) and creepy and disgusting cannibals eating the crap out of humans. So, yeah. Prepare the puke bucket.

Based on the found footage format, this Japanese film is WAAAY beyond scary. It's extreme, it's creepy, it's strange, it's beautiful. It is pretty long for being a horror movie (1h 55m), but it's one of the pillars of J-Horror. Must Watch if you like creepy paranormal stuff.

- ABCs OF DEATH 1/2:
[Removed since it could be considered offensive] I L O V E anthology movies. And this two movies are in my top 10 Horror Movie list. It is basically this: 28 different short films, created by 28 different filmmakers about matching a letter with the topic Death. How cool is that? I can answer this question: VERY COOL. Must Watch.

- THE WARD:
Made by HORROR GOD John Carpenter, tells the story about a girl (Amber Heard, which is pretty hot) who is locked in a mental institute due to burning her house and freaking going insane. In the '60s. When lobotomy was legal. You know how this goes. An awesome take on a overused topic. Worth a watch.

Yes, yes. After this tons of super cheeky movies, you would be like: "Why the hell Insidious? So commerc1al xdxdlollmao"; the only reason is that THIS MOVIE MADE MY CRY AND LITERALLY CRAP MY PANTS.
Thanks to its jumpscares, atmosphere, REALLY CREEPY characters and BEAUTIFUL direction by James Wan (his last movie was Furious 7) this lil guy right here made me lose two years of life. Not Joking. But I would watch it again and again, until I can survive normally this movie. I will, I promise.

Last, but not least:

- THE SHINING:
Some of you can think this as a thriller, or you can think it as a horror movie, like myself.
No matter the opinion, but you CANNOT argue that THIS MASTERPIECE is one of the greatest movies in Horror history. Kubrick is a twisted genius, and nobody can [removed for language] you like he did in this movie. Must watch 200 times a week.

Well, I hope that this list was alright to you, and keep in mind that I would add more movies, but then it could be too boring due to its length.

I love horror movies too! :D I haven't watched Cannibal Holocaust, because of the animals (I love animals too much to watch that). I have heard of it though lol. I haven't watched Noroi: The Curse either, but it sounds SUPER AWESOME!!!! I wonder if it is like the one video from VHS 2 about the school. :) I have seen all of the others you listed, and Insidious 2 scared me so BAD. I watched it in theaters, and I couldn't stand to be alone for a while lol. The first one just reminded me of Poltergeist lol, but it was pretty creepy. The Ward was pretty good, but it confused me lol. I LOVE The Shining!!!!!! However, I prefer A Clockwork Orange in Kubrick's work, simply for the psychological aspect :)

P.S. I edited certain words out of your post so people wouldn't be offended by them. This is a family-friendly forum, so please be careful in what you say :)

Reactions: theTOM

theTOM

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
I edited certain words out of your post so people wouldn't be offended by them. This is a family-friendly forum, so please be careful in what you say
Oops, sorry! :oops:

I wonder if it is like the one video from VHS 2 about the school.
I don't want to spoil you anything, but unfortunately it isn't that extreme but it will give you the same feeling as that short movie (VHS 2 is excellent!:D)

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
Oops, sorry! :oops:

I don't want to spoil you anything, but unfortunately it isn't that extreme but it will give you the same feeling as that short movie (VHS 2 is excellent!:D)

Just remember it for next time! :) And darn, I love a good scare and shock! I'll definitely have to check it out though! :)
OMG I definitely loved VHS 2 for that vid I mentioned, as well as the plot twist zombie one. Sadly, it's one of those movies I can only watch once :(

Reactions: Kan and theTOM

Chazore13

Aug 23, 2015
YouTube
Chazore13
Here are some of them:

- CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST:

- ABCs OF DEATH 1/2:

- THE WARD:

Last, but not least:

- THE SHINING:

I definitely agree that The Shining is a great movie and that it is a masterpiece; however, I do have to disagree with Insidious. When I saw it the first time, I had just put down Dragon Age Origins while running through the game as a blood mage. The only reason I go into detail about my character is because the quest to unlock blood magic is literally the plot to Insidious. The only difference is that you can choose to kill the kid. So when I saw it, I already knew what happened. There was nothing scary about it to me. As far as them doing 3 parts to it. I can't even watch the third because 2 was so bad and had more than enough plot holes for it to have been directed by M. Night. >.>

Savannah

Renowned User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
I definitely agree that The Shining is a great movie and that it is a masterpiece; however, I do have to disagree with Insidious. When I saw it the first time, I had just put down Dragon Age Origins while running through the game as a blood mage. The only reason I go into detail about my character is because the quest to unlock blood magic is literally the plot to Insidious. The only difference is that you can choose to kill the kid. So when I saw it, I already knew what happened. There was nothing scary about it to me. As far as them doing 3 parts to it. I can't even watch the third because 2 was so bad and had more than enough plot holes for it to have been directed by M. Night. >.>

I didn't find the first too scary, but I think we can all agree that the visual work was unsettling in the movies. Besides, most horror movies have flimsy plots; it's certain aspects that make them good horror :)

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
I didn't find the first too scary, but I think we can all agree that the visual work was unsettling in the movies. Besides, most horror movies have flimsy plots; it's certain aspects that make them good horror :)

I agree why let's look at nightmare on Elm Street the plot is pretty flimsy, but Freddy and the unique murders make up for that! :)