Having a hard time

Koyunuko

Rising User
Apr 16, 2016
www.instagram.com
YouTube
Hey guys. How are you doing?

I'm having a very hard time trying to record a new video. I think I'm not confident enough but I'm trying to overcome that. I know many of you will think it's silly and stupid of me to think that but that's a real struggle.

Did any of you feel like that? How did you make it go away?
Let's talk!

Reactions: cristian torres

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
I have that feeling all the time! For me it helps to kind of do a stream of consciousness, whether that be writing, or I like to record mine because I can think faster than I can write, and then rewatch or reread what I was thinking. It helps me get my nerves out sometimes, and it helps me brainstorm ideas! And to help with the confidence part, because I had that problem too, just do it. That's the only thing that helped, was to just put everything out there.

Reactions: Koyunuko

ThatNerdWithTheHair

Freedom! Member
Apr 18, 2016
YouTube
nerdwiththehair
I have that issue a lot. Not so much with uploading, but with sharing it on facebook. For some reason, I can share my videos on instagram and twitter with no problem, but with facebook, I know my friends and people who actually know me will see my videos, and I start to think about all of the bad things they might think of me. I have anxiety, so I jump to conclusions that I know aren't true, but it doesn't stop those thoughts from messing with me. The way I get through it, personally, is ask my mom if I should share it haha. It seems silly, but it's because I know she'll say I should, and that's kind of all I need to hear. Someone whose opinion I value saying I should post it.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I have the same problem too...
I prefer to record alone... with no one watching... so i can review the footage and make sure its ok.

Im not so sure doing this helped the problem... Ive been making videos for 3 years now. And Im really not sure if I feel much different when it comes to recording.

But it has got a little easier... I got better at making videos... Im just not so sure you can make it go away. Its more something you have to get used to I think.

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
I have that issue a lot. Not so much with uploading, but with sharing it on facebook. For some reason, I can share my videos on instagram and twitter with no problem, but with facebook, I know my friends and people who actually know me will see my videos, and I start to think about all of the bad things they might think of me. I have anxiety, so I jump to conclusions that I know aren't true, but it doesn't stop those thoughts from messing with me. The way I get through it, personally, is ask my mom if I should share it haha. It seems silly, but it's because I know she'll say I should, and that's kind of all I need to hear. Someone whose opinion I value saying I should post it.

I have the same problem. I have yet to tell any of my friends or family I have been making videos, so I am so afraid of posting them on Facebook or Twitter.

Koyunuko

Rising User
Apr 16, 2016
www.instagram.com
YouTube
I have that feeling all the time! For me it helps to kind of do a stream of consciousness, whether that be writing, or I like to record mine because I can think faster than I can write, and then rewatch or reread what I was thinking. It helps me get my nerves out sometimes, and it helps me brainstorm ideas! And to help with the confidence part, because I had that problem too, just do it. That's the only thing that helped, was to just put everything out there.

It feels good to see I'm not alone! I'll try following your suggestions tomorrow! I'll record even if it look horrible after. (hope it doesn't).
Thank you for you kind words! <3

Koyunuko

Rising User
Apr 16, 2016
www.instagram.com
YouTube

I have the same problem. I have yet to tell any of my friends or family I have been making videos, so I am so afraid of posting them on Facebook or Twitter.

Omg guys!! It took me almost a month to post my first video on facebook! And I only did that cuz the store (who sponsored me) posted it and tagged me so I had no choice! But I still blocked some people from viewing!

Koyunuko

Rising User
Apr 16, 2016
www.instagram.com
YouTube
I have the same problem too...
I prefer to record alone... with no one watching... so i can review the footage and make sure its ok.

Im not so sure doing this helped the problem... Ive been making videos for 3 years now. And Im really not sure if I feel much different when it comes to recording.

But it has got a little easier... I got better at making videos... Im just not so sure you can make it go away. Its more something you have to get used to I think.

Wow! So I should expect to get nervous forever lol
I get the "getting used to" part and I hope I can get to that stage one day!

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Wow! So I should expect to get nervous forever lol
I get the "getting used to" part and I hope I can get to that stage one day!
I drive a crane everyday even though Im afraid of heights. I just got used to it in that situation. You can do it if you set your mind to doing it.

You will gain coping mechanisms like focusing on certain things and blocking out the fact that you are in a terrifying position.

Koyunuko

Rising User
Apr 16, 2016
www.instagram.com
YouTube
I drive a crane everyday even though Im afraid of heights. I just got used to it in that situation. You can do it if you set your mind to doing it.

You will gain coping mechanisms like focusing on certain things and blocking out the fact that you are in a terrifying position.

Geez! You are so brave lol
I will do it no matter what! I hope I can forget about it soon!

cristian torres

follow me
Freedom! Member
Nov 3, 2014
usa
YouTube
Well i had that problem toó i used to récord my vídeos in one clip then watch it and see where i needed to be serious and when to laugh and then redo it and make it like 3o4clips

Koyunuko

Rising User
Apr 16, 2016
www.instagram.com
YouTube
Well i had that problem toó i used to récord my vídeos in one clip then watch it and see where i needed to be serious and when to laugh and then redo it and make it like 3o4clips

Ooh!! I get what you're saying! I once recorded the whole video then when I decided to watch I realized it didn't had any focus, I was a huge blur! (I still don't know how to put autofocus on video).
And when I finished editing the whole thing I decided to not post and redo again :/

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I felt very weird and silly in front of the camera in the beginning.... I almost started laughing at myself because, I had a channel with zero following and I was talking alone to my cam like there where thousands watching me :p That feeling changed when I did get some following and now I really feel like I'm talking to my public when I look in my cam and that makes it allot more comfortable!

Reactions: ThatNerdWithTheHair

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
Hey guys. How are you doing?

I'm having a very hard time trying to record a new video. I think I'm not confident enough but I'm trying to overcome that. I know many of you will think it's silly and stupid of me to think that but that's a real struggle.

Did any of you feel like that? How did you make it go away?
Let's talk!

It's not silly or stupid. Your problem is one that quite a few other people face. People do get nervous or have confidence issues. I used to get nervous before doing a screen recording. There was no camera, just my voice being recorded through a mic, and the video was the screen recording. Yet, I would get nervous. Here's the thing though, once the recording got started, a few sentences in, I would start to get more and more comfortable. And the nervousness would start to die down. Eventually I just got comfortable, and then the nervousness just wasn't there anymore.

My advice would be to just dive in. You'll notice that with each recording, your confidence level increases. Eventually you'll become so confident that nervousness won't be an issue. You shouldn't let the fear keep you from recording or you might never record in the first place.

Best of luck.