Gaming Hello Freedom! I love to game!

varnation

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 25, 2017
YouTube
Hello Freedom! I'm Rok Var, and I run the YouTube channel Var Nation along with my wife Lyta. We love DC Comics, and pretty much live in the MMORPG DC Universe Online. So, we decided a while back to make a YouTube channel to document our fun. It has now somewhat evolved in to in game news, but we also do news satire using our characters, and live stream game play a few times a week. We just passed our first sub goal of 300! Please take a look. We are always open to feedback, and would love the chance to get to know other Freedom! partners better!

To add a little about myself, (thanks for the suggestion Row) I am a 37 year old comic book junkie, who loves to read anything DC related, watch DCTV, movies, and collect both comics and action figures. I was born in Ohio, but lived all over the county including CO, NE, WV, and KS. Recently moved back to Ohio to my wife's home town. I started the YouTube channel to try and find a way to make a living doing Superhero related podcasts, and review videos on our favorite hobby. It just so happened that DCUO supplied the perfect background for doing so. Once we started to get some viewers who also played the game, we were getting a bunch of requests for tutorials and in game news, so we started doing that as well. We just had our fist kid, who is now a year old, and I really like the idea of him being able to someday look back at my YouTube vids and get to know the real me.

My biggest dream is to be able to do this for a living, and live stream at comic cons, and movie openings, and stuff like that. I found Freedom! by googling a list of the top ten gaming networks to join, and Freedom! seemed like it had the most to offer someone in my position. I love the Freedom! story, and watched a couple episodes of the George show, and knew it was for me. I try to upload at least three times a week, but lately have been shooting for daily. I live stream every other day, and try to upload a general video on the off days. Since moving to the once a day format, our subs have went up dramatically, so I hope to keep it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Row and Alex Ecker

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hello Freedom! I'm Rok Var, and I run the YouTube channel Var Nation along with my wife Lyta. We love DC Comics, and pretty much live in the MMORPG DC Universe Online. So, we decided a while back to make a YouTube channel to document our fun. It has now somewhat evolved in to in game news, but we also do news satire using our characters, and live stream game play a few times a week. We just passed our first sub goal of 300! Please take a look. We are always open to feedback, and would love the chance to get to know other Freedom! partners better!
Welcome to the Community :)

Have pkayed DCU for a good while back on Ps3 but moved over to FFXIV the day it got released. Guess much has changed?

Reactions: varnation

varnation

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 25, 2017
YouTube
Welcome to the Community :)

Have pkayed DCU for a good while back on Ps3 but moved over to FFXIV the day it got released. Guess much has changed?
Oh yeah. PS4, and now the addition of xbox 1 brought new life to the game. I've been playing from launch, and a lot of the changes they have made, and additions to the game have been so cool, that I don't even play other games anymore. You should give it a try.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Oh yeah. PS4, and now the addition of xbox 1 brought new life to the game. I've been playing from launch, and a lot of the changes they have made, and additions to the game have been so cool, that I don't even play other games anymore. You should give it a try.
Ah! Am hooked to FFXIV myself. Play it since release and playing it daily ever since :p

Alex Ecker

Respected User
Mar 15, 2017
Wadena, Minnesota
YouTube
imReactss
Welcome to freedom hope you enjoy it here!

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
Hi Rok Var! I'm Row but no Var :D Welcome to the Freedom! forums. We recommend that you tell us more about yourself, you can refer to this thread for reference on what to say! You can edit your post. :) Here are some cool things you can do as a new member:
  • Swing by the chat box located at the bottom right part of the forums (We'll be waiting (y) (Y))
  • Earn forum credits and use them to buy stuff in the forum store
  • Read through the forum rules
  • Check out our FAQs
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Good luck with your channel and happy foruming! :D:D

varnation

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 25, 2017
YouTube
There is a free trial on steam and Ps store to play for 2 weeks ;)
Awesome, thanks bro![DOUBLEPOST=1504036221][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi Rok Var! I'm Row but no Var :D Welcome to the Freedom! forums. We recommend that you tell us more about yourself, you can refer to this thread for reference on what to say! You can edit your post. :) Here are some cool things you can do as a new member:
  • Swing by the chat box located at the bottom right part of the forums (We'll be waiting (y) (Y))
  • Earn forum credits and use them to buy stuff in the forum store
  • Read through the forum rules
  • Check out our FAQs
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Good luck with your channel and happy foruming! :D:D
Thanks Row! I'll add some more info shortly.

Reactions: TwilightPrinze