Help needed with Sony Vegas Pro & Uploading

Kalen Es

Rising User
Jul 29, 2015
YouTube
Hey guys, So Recently i have upgraded my editing software to Sony Vega Pro but im in a bit of a situation with rendering and uploading.

So after watching Numerous videos on youtube and reading a number of articles regarding Rendering, and what the best settings are for videos, now i upload gaming videos at the moment i am only doing let's plays that are roughly around 20 mins each video, so after all the reading and watching i think i found what settings are good for my videos but something is still telling me to maybe see what you guys think as well, So what type of settings do you use for rendering if you use Sony Vegas Pro.

Now when im uploading so far its taken Nearly 6-8 hours to upload a single video, now i may add i am doing this Wireless at the time being, so i can understand if it is because of that, but if i am doing something wrong any help would be great.

Thanks
Mike (Kalen)

GeeGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Hey guys, So Recently i have upgraded my editing software to Sony Vega Pro but im in a bit of a situation with rendering and uploading.

So after watching Numerous videos on youtube and reading a number of articles regarding Rendering, and what the best settings are for videos, now i upload gaming videos at the moment i am only doing let's plays that are roughly around 20 mins each video, so after all the reading and watching i think i found what settings are good for my videos but something is still telling me to maybe see what you guys think as well, So what type of settings do you use for rendering if you use Sony Vegas Pro.

Now when im uploading so far its taken Nearly 6-8 hours to upload a single video, now i may add i am doing this Wireless at the time being, so i can understand if it is because of that, but if i am doing something wrong any help would be great.

Thanks
Mike (Kalen)

@Kalen Es Use video size compressor software like "HandBrake"

Reactions: Kalen Es

UncleGravy

Freedom! Member
Mar 3, 2016
Wales
YouTube
Uncle_Gravy
Depending on what those settings are, assuming some sort of high quality 1080p, and each video is 20mins long, that'll be one big file size.

And if your upload speeds are also not up to scratch + Distance from your router will also affect speeds, then that's the reason why its taking so long to upload.

As said above, Video compression will be your friend here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalen Es

Kalen Es

Rising User
Jul 29, 2015
YouTube
hey, Yer i kinda live in the Sticks so to speak, we have good internet but none of this Fancy stuff they are rolling out at the mo (fiber optic) but i have tried out the video compression and has seemed to help a hell of a lot so thanks guys much appreciated

Reactions: Shea Muccy

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Do not use Handbrake. There is no way to lower video file size without compromising quality. Never put the amount of time to upload over the true quality of the video, it will not end well.

What you could do instead is render at a lower resolution natively. Some of the biggest YouTubers still upload at 720p, which has a frame size 44% that of 1080p. For your current situation, it could cut rendering and uploading times in half if you really need to cut down upload time without compromising true quality.
If you can, find a h.264 codec and install it. It is the same format that YouTube uses for the videos they display so it would also cut down on processing time after the completion of the upload.

The best native setting for your case would have to be under Main Concept (.mp4) and select "Internet 720p". But if you insist on the highest quality for common YouTube use, then select "Internet 1080p". But only if your recording is 1080p native.

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
Avoid using Handbrake. Compressing your file will result in a loss of quality. Vegas is known to render massive files. A 30 min video for me takes about 3 hours to upload. There's no way around it if you are not going to improve your internet speed. What I do sometimes is just upload a batch of videos overnight using a Raspberry Pi.

Reactions: Nolan Westmore