Dan Caputo

New User
Oct 18, 2017
YouTube
Hello everyone! My name is Dan, and I'm a writer and amateur filmmaker.

My channel name is DanTheDeceiver, and I've been on YouTube for over 5 years now but I have yet to even surpass 75 subscribers. I figured I'd get on the forums and ask the Freedom! fam what I've been doing wrong. I have a second channel called Amethyst Pictures where I post most of my more professional stuff (I film weddings and music videos for people in my area.) But yeah!

I'm really into fantasy stuff like Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings. A lot of which is pretty obvious in my choices to become a writer. I've written and released a few fantasy novels, and a short story & poem collection. What are you guys into?

Corwin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Hey! Welcome to the forums! I am a filmmaker, actor, and writer too. So welcome to the club. Idk how thorough you'd want me to be on telling you what, at least I think, you are doing wrong.

But that is cool, never really got into Game of Thrones, but I do like myself some Lord of the Rings. Mostly the movies. But I am into all things Harry Potter + Big Hero 6. I do love a lot of films though because I love studying film. I love playing games too, but then again, who doesn't nowadays lol. I love me some Binding of Isaac, Call of Duty: Zombies, Overwatch, and Minecraft. What else are you into?

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
Hi Dan!

Welcome to the Freedom! forums. We hope to see some of your videos around here! Filmmaker YouTubers are always interesting. Here are some cool things you can do as a new member:
  • Swing by the chat box located at the bottom right part of the forums (We'll be waiting (y) (Y))
  • Try Tapatalk if you're on mobile - for easier forum browsing.
  • Get the partner badge if you are already partnered with Freedom!
  • Earn forum credits and use them to buy stuff in the forum store
  • Read through the forum rules and check out our FAQs
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Good luck with your channel and happy foruming! :D:D

U

User.123120

Hey, Dan welcome to the Freedom forums! :D
Seeing as your a filmmaker what kind of genre do you aim your content around?
Also House Targaryen everyday bro. :3

I look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hello Dan

Welcome to the forums. It's always nice to meet new people. What got you into filming?.
The fantasy genre does have quite a substantial following, and things like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones definitely do help to push this even further. Going so far to release a few short stories, and have a novel is rather impressive - did you use anything for your inspiration from that?
Also Winter Is Coming

Dan Caputo

New User
Oct 18, 2017
YouTube
Hey! Welcome to the forums! I am a filmmaker, actor, and writer too. So welcome to the club. Idk how thorough you'd want me to be on telling you what, at least I think, you are doing wrong.

But that is cool, never really got into Game of Thrones, but I do like myself some Lord of the Rings. Mostly the movies. But I am into all things Harry Potter + Big Hero 6. I do love a lot of films though because I love studying film. I love playing games too, but then again, who doesn't nowadays lol. I love me some Binding of Isaac, Call of Duty: Zombies, Overwatch, and Minecraft. What else are you into?

I'm into gaming too! I've been playing The Elder Scrolls Online pretty much nonstop for the last few weeks, it's really addicting. Hmmm, what else? I'm a huge history nerd, and take a bunch of online history courses just for fun. I'm really into a band called The Dear Hunter, they're amazing, I'd highly recommend them to just about everyone.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hello everyone! My name is Dan, and I'm a writer and amateur filmmaker.

My channel name is DanTheDeceiver, and I've been on YouTube for over 5 years now but I have yet to even surpass 75 subscribers. I figured I'd get on the forums and ask the Freedom! fam what I've been doing wrong. I have a second channel called Amethyst Pictures where I post most of my more professional stuff (I film weddings and music videos for people in my area.) But yeah!

I'm really into fantasy stuff like Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings. A lot of which is pretty obvious in my choices to become a writer. I've written and released a few fantasy novels, and a short story & poem collection. What are you guys into?
Welcome to the Community :)

Fantasy is a genre i like very well myself too, be it movies, anime's or series it always has a unique setting :)

Dan Caputo

New User
Oct 18, 2017
YouTube
Welcome to the forums ~!

So you say you've actually released some novels ? That's really amazing :eek: I'm guessing its fantasy novels, what kind of setting is it :) ?

Yep, it's fantasy! It's a lot like Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings, and also with a large bit of it based on random tidbits of history, like the Gallic Wars and the Greco-Persian Wars, and things like that haha

The whole series is actually on sale right now until the next book comes out! If you're interested, please come check it out:
lulu.com/spotlight/dancaputo