Educational HI FREEDOM FAMILY!!

Wesley Tyler

New User
Nov 30, 2014
Michigan
www.facebook.com
YouTube
HOWS IT GOING GUYS!
This is going to be excruciatingly long, but trust me it's worth it!!!

Okay, I started off on you tube as a dare from a friend I met via yahoo chat. She said to go over and make an account and post a video/audio of me doing a horrible beat box. So i made my account, and tried to make a video of it, my account from that point forward was known as "beatboxing0607" May 10th 2006 I created this account.
Fast forward to AUGUST of 2006 and I uploaded my first real cover of a song you may know as "Wonder wall" by Oasis.
Now, here is an interesting fact. At the time of my cover, there was very few people posting guitar covers, compared to what there is now a days, almost impossible to be seen now with the saturated market, well I was on the front page of you tube and even though the quality was horrible, and audio was crappy, nobody else was doing these covers. I continued to post covers every so often, my second, third, 4th, 5th cover.
Now, A few weeks ago, I watched a video about the view counts from back then, and the view counts now. I cannot remember the name of the guy who uploaded it, but he said, if you were getting 10k views, 15k views on a video, that would be equivalent to having over 500k now. It really shook me hard. I was back then getting between 5k-8k views on my videos regularly, and ending off the year of 2007 with around 40 subscribers. Now shortly after 2007 ended, you tube rolled out the partner program, which I had absolutely no clue what this was as I didn't care at the time about being paid as I was 18-19 years old, had no idea what it could be.
I fell into the wrong crowd at that point in time. I was partying, ect with the wrong people. I ended up breaking the law on March 14th 2008. I was so confident I would be fine and I'd walk away from this. I went in to be sentenced and received a 9 month jail commitment. I did not know what this would do to my YouTube videos as I was completely unaware of what my channel could have been at that time, receiving around 10k views after only a few days of being uploaded. I started my jail term on May 22nd 2008 and was released March 17th 2009 with a fresh outlook on life. Immediately went straight to YouTube to see my channels growth.... nothing. Nothing spectacular, mediocre views, hardly any subscribers, I was late to the party. I missed my train. I broke the law, went to jail and missed out on a very wonderful opportunity.
Okay why am I telling you guys all of this? Well I started right back up trying not to miss a beat when it came to my channel "beatboxing0607" I made an update video, and had a video ready to upload and went live a few minutes later. It was at this point I knew my YouTube channel had been left in the dust, to this day those two videos only received around 20 views. I beat myself up about this as I have tried to start uploading again, creating content, guitar covers, heck even guitar HERO videos but nothing, nobody was watching MY videos anymore because people realized what this could be and took the bull by the horns.

Fast forward to 2016. Here I am 10 years later and sitting, wondering, hoping and wishing for something to break with my channel, as to this day I only have 86 subscribers. I have tried to upload again but became discouraged due to my past failures of what happened feeling as if I WOULD have been a "you-tuber" if only I had made a better choice.

I have recently been planning, extensively where I am going to go from here and this post being my first step, to get the word out, introduce myself and let everyone in the huge pond that you tube is now, who I am. I hope someone out there can relate, even if it's not the same situation, but even if you can't relate, but get my message.
Don't make bad choices and no matter what the issue is, keep uploading your videos. Don't get discouraged as I am now, because YouTube magic could work in your favor and all the videos I missed out on being seen by the public are now nothing more than figments of my imagination. Keep up the hard work, eventually it WILL pay off, and even if the return is minimal, at least you can say, you did it.

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed my 10 years here on YouTube story. I hope to meet everyone here, and can't wait to see everyone's replies!

beatboxing0607 or "the relaxed gamer"

Perrie McGuire

CMS Manager
Freedom! Member
Hi Wesley,

Welcome to the Freedom! Family hope you have a pleasant time on the forums if you ever need any help let me know and best of luck with your YouTube channel. My advice would be to continue to grow your channel try something new, never be afraid of experimenting with your channel, be consistent with your uploading schedule and generally enjoy yourself.

Even if you fail stand proud try something different take some courses on how best to execute your channels success and we are all here to help you, the forums has a wide range of content creators willing to collaborate offer advice and tips to grow your channel!

Wesley Tyler

New User
Nov 30, 2014
Michigan
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Thank you guys!! I actually have been a part of the freedom family for just a tid bit over a year, but wasn't serious about any of this, for some reason or another. But here I am! :D Thanks for the kind words! I want to inspire people to do things. I hope everyone is doing well!

Reactions: Prology

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
HOWS IT GOING GUYS!
This is going to be excruciatingly long, but trust me it's worth it!!!

Okay, I started off on you tube as a dare from a friend I met via yahoo chat. She said to go over and make an account and post a video/audio of me doing a horrible beat box. So i made my account, and tried to make a video of it, my account from that point forward was known as "beatboxing0607" May 10th 2006 I created this account.
Fast forward to AUGUST of 2006 and I uploaded my first real cover of a song you may know as "Wonder wall" by Oasis.
Now, here is an interesting fact. At the time of my cover, there was very few people posting guitar covers, compared to what there is now a days, almost impossible to be seen now with the saturated market, well I was on the front page of you tube and even though the quality was horrible, and audio was crappy, nobody else was doing these covers. I continued to post covers every so often, my second, third, 4th, 5th cover.
Now, A few weeks ago, I watched a video about the view counts from back then, and the view counts now. I cannot remember the name of the guy who uploaded it, but he said, if you were getting 10k views, 15k views on a video, that would be equivalent to having over 500k now. It really shook me hard. I was back then getting between 5k-8k views on my videos regularly, and ending off the year of 2007 with around 40 subscribers. Now shortly after 2007 ended, you tube rolled out the partner program, which I had absolutely no clue what this was as I didn't care at the time about being paid as I was 18-19 years old, had no idea what it could be.
I fell into the wrong crowd at that point in time. I was partying, ect with the wrong people. I ended up breaking the law on March 14th 2008. I was so confident I would be fine and I'd walk away from this. I went in to be sentenced and received a 9 month jail commitment. I did not know what this would do to my YouTube videos as I was completely unaware of what my channel could have been at that time, receiving around 10k views after only a few days of being uploaded. I started my jail term on May 22nd 2008 and was released March 17th 2009 with a fresh outlook on life. Immediately went straight to YouTube to see my channels growth.... nothing. Nothing spectacular, mediocre views, hardly any subscribers, I was late to the party. I missed my train. I broke the law, went to jail and missed out on a very wonderful opportunity.
Okay why am I telling you guys all of this? Well I started right back up trying not to miss a beat when it came to my channel "beatboxing0607" I made an update video, and had a video ready to upload and went live a few minutes later. It was at this point I knew my YouTube channel had been left in the dust, to this day those two videos only received around 20 views. I beat myself up about this as I have tried to start uploading again, creating content, guitar covers, heck even guitar HERO videos but nothing, nobody was watching MY videos anymore because people realized what this could be and took the bull by the horns.

Fast forward to 2016. Here I am 10 years later and sitting, wondering, hoping and wishing for something to break with my channel, as to this day I only have 86 subscribers. I have tried to upload again but became discouraged due to my past failures of what happened feeling as if I WOULD have been a "you-tuber" if only I had made a better choice.

I have recently been planning, extensively where I am going to go from here and this post being my first step, to get the word out, introduce myself and let everyone in the huge pond that you tube is now, who I am. I hope someone out there can relate, even if it's not the same situation, but even if you can't relate, but get my message.
Don't make bad choices and no matter what the issue is, keep uploading your videos. Don't get discouraged as I am now, because YouTube magic could work in your favor and all the videos I missed out on being seen by the public are now nothing more than figments of my imagination. Keep up the hard work, eventually it WILL pay off, and even if the return is minimal, at least you can say, you did it.

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed my 10 years here on YouTube story. I hope to meet everyone here, and can't wait to see everyone's replies!

beatboxing0607 or "the relaxed gamer"
That's an incredibly long introduction! You're written more than anyone else on here, and I've been here for a while ^^ Life is mysterious with how we end up doing everything that we do. The future is never certain with the actions that we take either. If you're planning, and figuring out where to go from here, you made a great choice. People on here all have their own life, that you can take experiences from. Collaborating, or even just talking might be able to push you in the direction you want to go, but I'm looking forward to seeing how things go with you!

Reactions: Wesley Tyler