Trippst3r

Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2016
United States
YouTube
ItsTrippst3r
Hey Freedom! family! I was curious to see what everyone thinks about hiding subscriber counts and the number of likes/dislikes? Also I'm curious; do you hide your subs and/or likes/dislikes?

I keep both of my counts visible because I feel it shows that you have a community surrounding your channel.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I believe it should be up the creators whether or not this is shown. I understand things from both sides of the perspective, some people may not want this shown as they might feel it distracts from the content / what they are trying to get across while other can see things like subscriber counts as an achievement status.

Reactions: Trippst3r

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Stand for it or don't. From what I know the hiding feature is just for brands wanting to promote their stuff without showing hate on it. You can do it, but stay transparent with it.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey Freedom! family! I was curious to see what everyone thinks about hiding subscriber counts and the number of likes/dislikes? Also I'm curious; do you hide your subs and/or likes/dislikes?

I keep both of my counts visible because I feel it shows that you have a community surrounding your channel.
I keep it enabled as it shows if the community appreciates your content or not. If i gain more dislikes then likes it is a reminder and feedback for improvements

Reactions: Trippst3r

Trippst3r

Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2016
United States
YouTube
ItsTrippst3r
I'm glad you guys commented on the topic. By no means was I saying it was a bad thing to hide the numbers; in fact, I agree with @zeke morgan that is should be completely up to the creators. I was just curious to see what you all thought about this subject. :)

MasterJPixel

Rising User
Mar 5, 2017
YouTube
masterjpixel1
The only time I've seen it happen are all those cringy toy review channels, which hide their like-dislike ratio and comments because it's usually full of parents who are blocking their kids from seeing the channel and then leaving a quick comment to let the creators know.