Highlights or full gameplay

madmanencore

May 4, 2015
YouTube
What do people prefer highlight videos so best bits of gameplay or full raw gameplay.
As im trying to workout what is best to post on my youtube channel.

Highlight video example

Last edited:

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
I think it depends what kind of content you want to make. I usually stick to full gameplays cause that is what my content is about. But someone who is into montages may not benefit from full gameplays.

Reactions: madmanencore

madmanencore

May 4, 2015
YouTube
I think it depends what kind of content you want to make. I usually stick to full gameplays cause that is what my content is about. But someone who is into montages may not benefit from full gameplays.
thanks for reply, yea i like doing the full gameplays my self, just dont seem to get many people watching, or sometimes find i dont talk much in some parts. Done mostly full gameplays usually if i do a gameplay ill stick to 20 minutes or so keep it short, and follows onto the next video.

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
It is down to the individual, I use highlights as a way to keep my game play footage nice and snappy. I am working on my commentary so cutting down the footage to the best bits stops people watching my videos from hopefully getting board.

As I improve I think I will eventually move in to doing full footage.

NoblePandaGame

Jan 18, 2016
YouTube
What do people prefer highlight videos so best bits of gameplay or full raw gameplay.
As im trying to workout what is best to post on my youtube channel.

Highlight video example
I think it depends on the game itself. Like if it were lets say Happy Wheels or something that doesn't really have a story to it, then I'd say do highlights. But if you're doing a story driven game like The Last Of Us, or a horror game or even just and action game like Mad Max, then do the full game play and create a montage of best bits when the main series is done. Racing games should also just be highlights :) just my opinion! Goodluck!

EdwinEarth

Rising User
May 4, 2016
It depends on the game, I think. I myself started with Full-Game and am transitioning to highlights that cover the base story of what I'm doing, as well as the shenanigans my mates and I rant on with. x]