YouTube How can I get a few more views per video?

JAW

New User
Aug 15, 2016
YouTube
I'm a new YouTuber and I'm getting around 7 views per video. I was just wondering if their are any ways of getting a few extra views per video? Any advice and tips will be appreciated and I am also a gaming YouTuber. Many thanks!!

ghostkillgaming

Rising User
Feb 14, 2017
YouTube
Thumbnail should look good, make sure it's an intriguing title(Not click bait though), and show friends and family. But most importantly be patient. I'm sure your channel will grow

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I'm a new YouTuber and I'm getting around 7 views per video. I was just wondering if their are any ways of getting a few extra views per video? Any advice and tips will be appreciated and I am also a gaming YouTuber. Many thanks!!
Make catchy thumbnails that have a bit of click baiting in it but aren't misleading, use proper tags, titles and descriptions and a lot will go faster.

Also, you have a small Error message below your posts which is because you didn't enter your YouTube channel ID on the forums properly yet. Here's how to add it so you can get a subscription button below your posts:

• Go to your PERSONAL DETAILS PAGE
  • Go to the section where it says YouTube channel ID
  • Get your YouTube channel ID from HERE and copy it (It starts with UC)
  • Paste it into the YouTube channel ID text field on the forums and press save changes.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
The basic things are the Thumbnail, title, description and tags. Those have to be related to the video itself and try to make the description as informative as possible as it helps with the SEO.
Besides that a share among social media with proper tags can help you get some audience ;)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Make videos that people can find and use tags that relate to your specific video, not videos like yours.

Unless you can do something unique with Rocket League and Overwatch, you're not going to be getting anything significant for views on either of them.

ScruffyZubs

New User
Feb 23, 2017
Hey man I'm new aswell my name is ScruffyZubs maybe we shoutout eachother out and it might help eachother out!

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
The first views are always going to be the hardest, YouTube mainly promotes videos that already have views. Work on the best content that you can, once you have that get your name out there. Things like forums and social media can work well for that. Just make sure you are getting know as a person and not just spamming "watch my video" type of thing.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You would want to make a good thumbnail, title, description of the video and tags. You can use https://rapidtags.io/ to find the best tags for you since you don't know much about the SEO and how YouTube's algorithm works which no one really does but the website should help you a little bit.
I actually don't trust RapidTags for my tagging options, everything they provide is far too generic to get the average creator on the first page of search results.