Tips & Tricks How did you get your videos seen?

TGCG

Rising User
Jan 22, 2016
Australia
YouTube
So one of the hardest things about youtube is starting, and gaining that exposure. You can make the best content on the internet but if no one knows its there then its not going anywhere.

So when everyone start and even now, how did you get the views? Did you just post a video with good tags and a custom thumbnail and leave it there? Did you share it places? Did you plug your channel on social media? I'm really interested to hear EVERYONES opinion on how to get views when you are just starting out! Thanks in advance!!

TinyForge

Rising User
Feb 3, 2016
YouTube
TheStreamerGuy
I'm in the same boat as you here TGCG, I really want to find out how people get this inital burst that has the potential to carry them all the way to being the next PewDiePie.

CBlairzy

Rising User
Jan 1, 2016
Barrie. Canada
YouTube
I usually promote mine over twitter, aswell as the here (The Freedom Forums). Aswell as using Tubebuddy helps a lot. I'd also recommend checking out the YouTube channel with the name Ziovo as he uploads tons of stuff to help YouTubers gain an audience! :D

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I think a lot of it has to do with getting to know people, network, and playing around with social media.

I recently started a Facebook page and I put a little bit of money into it, so Facebook will show people advertisements of my page which links to my Youtube channel, and I've gotten likes on my pages and subscribers on my channel. That's with just putting in a dollar a day to keep it running. It's pretty easy. Obviously, the more money you put in, the more people will see said advertisement and, potentially, more people will like/subscribe.

Another I learned recently is learning how to tag your videos properly. I know it's pretty easy to tag videos, but tagging them with the right words for the right videos is pretty important. I'm still figuring it out. But some of my videos in a game series have hundreds of views in a matter of days while others are just sitting at double digit numbers.

Networking is important. While I've done this with other means in the past, I just recently started doing this for Youtube, because I finally decided that I was going to be more serious about my channel this year and see how far along I can go with it. I'm older than most of the Youtubers here, so I have more money to spend on things and I can travel more freely while others have to go to school. Anyway, something I did recently was go to PAX South, to a gaming convention. I made business cards for my small channel, and I talked to a lot of developers there for games. I asked them if there were free game codes that I could get from them, so I can show my viewers new and upcoming games while supporting them at the same time. In turn, they'll probably end up advertising my video on their game page and I'll get more viewers that way as well.

A lot of it is long term. You have to kind of stick to it and keep using repeated process before all of it pays off. It's a little boring at times, but I think with hard word and effort, people can make it work.

Sorry for the long-winded response! Hope this helps. :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I use mainly Tubebuddy to help figure out what kind of tags I should be using when I make my next video.

I viciously advocate against the use of social media pages or forums for advertising due to them being ineffective and teeming with Sub4Sub YouTubers. Why? Well it's quite simple and all revolves around target markets. I'll be making a discussion post about that later, keep your eyes out for that if you're interested in me elaborating on that.

I find that having other people share your videos is a quite a good deal more effective than you doing it. I made a post about that recently but the point about it can be made using this image.

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
First time I t dry it, i start put tags, google plus, this fourm, and talk back to my comments and DONT DO SUBS FOR SUBS OR MISLEADING THUMBNAILS it will cause you views and subs and keep practice and watch other youtubers