YouTube How Do YOu Force Yourself to Keep Talking

noblepanda

Dec 31, 2016
YouTube
TheNoblePanda
Hey guys so I have always had the trouble of stop talking during my recording sessions and I was wondering, how do you guys get yourself to keep talking AND still focus on the game at the same time??

MWproductions1000

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2014
Ohio
YouTube
I just try to think of things about the game or my life that's interesting. If I can't, I just cut all the boring silence and move to where i'm speaking again. It depends on the game though, you wouldn't wanna ruin the flow of a game with jumpcuts and such. Do a practice series and study the way other let's players do their commentary![DOUBLEPOST=1499292313][/DOUBLEPOST]And remember it's okay to stop talking a little bit, so long as you're not leaving in more than like, 30 seconds of silence (unless it's a cutscene, it's preferred that you don't talk over cutscenes.)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey guys so I have always had the trouble of stop talking during my recording sessions and I was wondering, how do you guys get yourself to keep talking AND still focus on the game at the same time??
To be honest this is the reason why i particularly don't talk in my video's. I am too much into my game and focused to do this.

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
If you're playing a game you played before and know a lot about it would be easier because you can relax and play. If you have a topic of interest you are talking about and know a lot about it then you shouldn't run out of things to say. And if you do run out then add your opinion if you want or tell some jokes midway to extend the commentary.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I've been doing Let's Plays for over 3 years, and I still have that problem sometimes. That's why I always cut out the less talky stuff, unless there is something important in the game that I feel like I should show, like when there's dialogue or something.

InfamousVigilante

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 6, 2016
It sometimes depends on what type of feel the game is. I usually kind of just relax and just let the words come out most of the time. I may talk about what i like during the gameplay or talk about random things that somewhat relate to the game. Although it can be a bit difficult for some gamers to talk while focusing on completing their game.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Try and be as natural as you can, obviously you might not be able to talk through 100% of the video and thats ok. Personally I try and be quiet during cutscenes but other than that I talk about the gameplay, the overal game, any interesting facts about the particular game, or just general thoughts during the gameplay.

Reactions: InfamousVigilante

MrJ

Mar 25, 2017
YouTube
Talk about what you are doing or are about to do. e.g. If your playing Cod and you are in an intense fight say you need back up. Say what the soldier would say in that situation. That way you're still talking but your focus is still on the game since thats what your talking about.