How many Freedom! partners have posted here?

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
By here I mean https://freedom.community.tm/forums/video-critique.144/ (You must be a partner with the correct badge and post count to view this forum so if it doesn't work that is most likely why.)

I see quite a bit of videos there, and granted this is just from Freedom! partners with badges allowing them to do so. How many of you guys reviewed your fellow family members channels before posting your own? I notice a lot of posts there with just 1 view, and that is usually the view it receives after the person posting it. Now there are quite a bit of people that actually review others channels, I commend them, but they are always the same people. I've critiqued quite a bit of videos on there, and most of them go unresponded so what does that tell me? They posted the video in hopes to get views, not critiques. And even some people that post back to back videos to review.

I run a critiquing segment on my channel. (Not promoting I promise using it as a reference.) and I make it a point to let those that i'm critiquing know, that i'm only watching one of their videos. And then maybe later down the link say... months, i'll watch another one to see how they've come along. Posting back to back is frowned upon in my eyes personally because it makes it seem like you're only out for views and not critique.
Everyone posts there because they need some feedback, and may not be getting the feedback needed from their subs, or other viewers. Even just one person taking the time to help would make someones day. Over all remember that everyone here is trying to do the same thing. Build a strong and successful channel. And these minor steps may help some of those individuals get to that point, as well as yourself!

I joined Freedom! because I wanted to be able to help others that joined as well. And i'm trying to do that. I'm also only one person, with a full time job and 2 kids. Yet I'm still trying to help people here. Please help by doing your part and if you post there, try and review like 1 or 2 people before you post your own video.

I really hope this spoke to you guys. What i'm aiming for is a more contribution from the community where we can all help each other out and become more successful because of it!

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
By here I mean https://freedom.community.tm/forums/video-critique.144/ (You must be a partner with the correct badge and post count to view this forum so if it doesn't work that is most likely why.)

I see quite a bit of videos there, and granted this is just from Freedom! partners with badges allowing them to do so. How many of you guys reviewed your fellow family members channels before posting your own? I notice a lot of posts there with just 1 view, and that is usually the view it receives after the person posting it. Now there are quite a bit of people that actually review others channels, I commend them, but they are always the same people. I've critiqued quite a bit of videos on there, and most of them go unresponded so what does that tell me? They posted the video in hopes to get views, not critiques. And even some people that post back to back videos to review.

I run a critiquing segment on my channel. (Not promoting I promise using it as a reference.) and I make it a point to let those that i'm critiquing know, that i'm only watching one of their videos. And then maybe later down the link say... months, i'll watch another one to see how they've come along. Posting back to back is frowned upon in my eyes personally because it makes it seem like you're only out for views and not critique.
Everyone posts there because they need some feedback, and may not be getting the feedback needed from their subs, or other viewers. Even just one person taking the time to help would make someones day. Over all remember that everyone here is trying to do the same thing. Build a strong and successful channel. And these minor steps may help some of those individuals get to that point, as well as yourself!

I joined Freedom! because I wanted to be able to help others that joined as well. And i'm trying to do that. I'm also only one person, with a full time job and 2 kids. Yet I'm still trying to help people here. Please help by doing your part and if you post there, try and review like 1 or 2 people before you post your own video.

I really hope this spoke to you guys. What i'm aiming for is a more contribution from the community where we can all help each other out and become more successful because of it!
I like what you're getting at. I think that some people who post in the feedback section aren't looking for honest criticism unfortunately, but I do often give feedback to those who explicitly ask for review on certain aspects or who seem very open to criticism. I never post there any more, but I still enjoy perusing the videos there occasionally.

Reactions: Snaggle Teef

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
I like what you're getting at. I think that some people who post in the feedback section aren't looking for honest criticism unfortunately, but I do often give feedback to those who explicitly ask for review on certain aspects or who seem very open to criticism. I never post there any more, but I still enjoy perusing the videos there occasionally.
I guess you can kind of see this post as reverse psychology because those that respond are most likely those that actually contribute as that section is intended for lol. Thank you for your response!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
There are two problems with advertising here:
  1. People only really care for advertising themselves, and will keep doing it even for the negative gain in channel growth due to the lack of things happening against what could be happening.
  2. The people here aren't your viewers, they're other YouTubers. You don't want other YouTubers watching your videos and giving feedback, you want the viewers perspective.

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
There are two problems with advertising here:
  1. People only really care for advertising themselves, and will keep doing it even for the negative gain in channel growth due to the lack of things happening against what could be happening.
  2. The people here aren't your viewers, they're other YouTubers. You don't want other YouTubers watching your videos and giving feedback, you want the viewers perspective.
Respect, however,

response to number 1.) This is true, and I totally agree!

2.) On the contrary, everyone is a viewer. Though you also may share the content creator aspect, much if not all YouTubers have favorite YouTubers which inspire most to create content themselves, regardless of the intent of said persons channel. I find myself watching my favorite YouTubers all the time!

I still feel that this would help everyone here too, share what they like as a viewer themselves, as an individual, not everyone thinks the same. So increasing the amount of feedback based on how many critique it could give you perspective on different sides.

When of course you take into consideration all that post with no intention of ever checking nor helping other channels though they expect it from others.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

That is the problem here, most people advertise or ask for feedback but never respond or give feedback to others. As you say the people that are active and social i bow for them and give respect. I am also one of thosr who gives feedback where i can and try to help out but i never make use of critique or advertising because most people don't take the time to do something with it. Now i will keep giving feedback and such but it would indeed he nice to see more activity on that section.

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
That is the problem here, most people advertise or ask for feedback but never respond or give feedback to others. As you say the people that are active and social i bow for them and give respect. I am also one of thosr who gives feedback where i can and try to help out but i never make use of critique or advertising because most people don't take the time to do something with it. Now i will keep giving feedback and such but it would indeed he nice to see more activity on that section.
Agreed! I see a lot of posting but not so much helping. Since i joined back in Jan I would hope that this would be more about helping one another rather than what it still is, But we as the crusaders will continue attempting to help where we can and hope that others will follow suit.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Agreed! I see a lot of posting but not so much helping. Since i joined back in Jan I would hope that this would be more about helping one another rather than what it still is, But we as the crusaders will continue attempting to help where we can and hope that others will follow suit.
To be honest i don't think it will change. Most people only care about growing instead of the social aspect a community brings. But as long as we few people keep doing our thing then nobody can blame us ;)