How much is too much?

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
So last month I essentially uploaded about 1 video a day. Some of the videos were pretty well received, but I don't have a set upload schedule. I for one enjoy making videos. But my question to you guys is: How much is too much?

Ethan Wu

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2015
YouTube
So last month I essentially uploaded about 1 video a day. Some of the videos were pretty well received, but I don't have a set upload schedule. I for one enjoy making videos. But my question to you guys is: How much is too much?
There is not a limit of video you can do. Its your choice to choose how your channel functions.

Elesdee

Rising User
Jan 27, 2016
YouTube
As long as it has some good quality and content to it then there is nothing wrong with doing 1 or 2 videos a day in my eye. It's an issue if you're just recording and just throw something out there to upload without really putting any effort into it.

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
I run four kinds of videos. Challenges which have light edits. Gameplay which have a bit more, and reviews - which take me over 60 hours to do, and I do them weekly now. Then I have guides which are also heavily edited with slow motion ect. These are what I work on most, but that doesn't mean I'll throw the odd video out. But quality speaks.

Reactions: KrazyK Gaming

KingdomSlayerNav

Rising User
Dec 28, 2015
YouTube
CraziiNav
My upload scedule is messed up
So I can't really give advice on this
But 1 vid a day is standard if you're a gaming/vlogging channel
Going upto 2-5 videos a day will give you subscriber burn
Where people who are subbed to you stop watching your content
I'm trying to atleast upload 1 video a week
But even that is kinda hard for me lol
Editing GMVs/AMVs do take some time
And especially for what happened in the past that I'm trying to get over and stuff
Good luck fam

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I enjoy quality over quantity, but with that said, I also upload once if not twice a day, every day with the exception of completed series where I might pause a day before starting a new one. I tend to have a lot of time, so record multiple videos in a sitting and render them over night in a batch, so I don't have to worry about rendering while I'm working or recording.

But I think you should stick to a schedule. If you're going to upload once a day, do it every day at the same time, instead of sporadic times. That way, when you get dedicated viewers, they'll know to expect your videos at the same time each day.