How much would you pay for a thumbnail

Ross L Designs

Respected User
May 15, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
Hey everyone, I wanted everyone's input on how much would you pay for a thumbnail?

I'm looking at taking on paid orders soon and was thinking of package deals, so 5 thumbnails, 10 thumbnails etc. How much would you pay for this service if you required it?

Thanks in advance :D

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
I mean its up to you but alot of GFX people I see charge about 3-5 bucks for one thumbnail which I think is absolutely absurd. The way I see it is a thumbnail should be $1-$2 and if done in a big quantity they should get a smaller charge. Lets do it like this... You start out do thumbnails for people for $1, but lets say that person not only need 2 that day but also would like to use you for that week. I would charge that person $2 for 2 and if he does come back offer him a deal of like 5 for $4.

Reactions: Ross L Designs

Ross L Designs

Respected User
May 15, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
I mean its up to you but alot of GFX people I see charge about 3-5 bucks for one thumbnail which I think is absolutely absurd. The way I see it is a thumbnail should be $1-$2 and if done in a big quantity they should get a smaller charge. Lets do it like this... You start out do thumbnails for people for $1, but lets say that person not only need 2 that day but also would like to use you for that week. I would charge that person $2 for 2 and if he does come back offer him a deal of like 5 for $4.

It depends I guess, I don't think a few dollars is unreasonable though but only if it's quality work. I'm having difficulty deciding on how to price mine personally, I would prefer to do them as packages though if I'm honest. Also $1 for me is about £0.70 at the current exchange rate.

It depends on how long they take I guess, which is why I would rather do bulk orders of 5, 10, 15 at a discount rate like you said.

dmbardal

Rising User
Feb 9, 2016
YouTube
I usually see everything at $5 minimum, but there's so much difference between "artists".

Some create good custom work for $5, while others just copy-paste something already predone and just change tiny bits for $5, which is way too much.

Reactions: Ross L Designs

Ross L Designs

Respected User
May 15, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
I usually see everything at $5 minimum, but there's so much difference between "artists".

Some create good custom work for $5, while others just copy-paste something already predone and just change tiny bits for $5, which is way too much.

Yeah I totally agree with this, if all the thumbnail is, is a background and a little bit of text then $5 is a bit much. I've seen graphic designers charge more then $5 for a thumbnail, same goes for YouTube banners I've seen them priced at $100 plus. But the people who charge that much money are very, very good at what they do.

One thing to do before ordering work is to always see previous work they have done to determine whether you like their style etc :)

WoozyPictures

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I like to think that I charge relatively cheaper than everyone else. My GFX store is https://sellfy.com/Woozypictures . Its still new I have yet to add more of the previous GFX ive done. In terms of pricing and from what I gather, average I price is 1 thumbnail=$1. But if its 10+ ill make it $8. If its 15+ then $12 and if 20+ then $20. I do offer packages such as Monthly thumbnails at $22 or a lifetime package of $50 which is unlimited artwork for the user. But thats overkill xD So realistically I can do the 17 thumbnails for $12. Its a disadvantage for me because im from the Uk so translating the money means less value, but bang for the buck xD