How to have high quality audio.

Quatec

Apr 21, 2016
Quateck
Okay. I don't know if this forum thread is supposed to be here but I've been meaning to make this thread for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, I know how to have a high quality audio through my microphone via a load of different programs such as Audacity and Adobe Audition. However that is not the meaning of this thread entirely.

So - the problem I am experiencing, or wondering what to do is how to make someone else's audio better in your recording. By this, I mean, say, if you recorded with your friends over Skype, how would you edit the audio to make their voices smoother and clearer?

Thanks if anyone could give me a solution, where it may be complex or simple.

GoddessGigiG

Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2016
Brooklyn NY
YouTube
GoddessGigiGee
Okay. I don't know if this forum thread is supposed to be here but I've been meaning to make this thread for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, I know how to have a high quality audio through my microphone via a load of different programs such as Audacity and Adobe Audition. However that is not the meaning of this thread entirely.

So - the problem I am experiencing, or wondering what to do is how to make someone else's audio better in your recording. By this, I mean, say, if you recorded with your friends over Skype, how would you edit the audio to make their voices smoother and clearer?

Thanks if anyone could give me a solution, where it may be complex or simple.

Use high quality equipment, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface is wonderful and will let you use 2 mics at once, good mics can be from Shure, Audio-Technica and Rode to name a few. If your budget is tight a USB Mic negates the need for an interface. The Audio-Technica ATR2500 is excellent as is the Rode NT-USB . Many will recommend the Blue Snowball. It's a decent entry level mic.

Friends in Bands.... Talk to them, got a nice local music shop they are a host of info too. Avoid big box stores as they sell boxes and often haven't a clue what they are talking about. Small mom n pop type places they are likely musicians too n will know their gear buying what's GOOD vs what's more profitable

Don't forget a Pop Filter. I use the Wingard Popgard. Pricey but worth it.

GoddessGigiG

Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2016
Brooklyn NY
YouTube
GoddessGigiGee
Wow I went on a rant without realizing I was babbling about the wrong thing.

If your audio software can handle VST plugins there are many free plugins for fixing noise. If no money, look at Audacity. It's FREE