YouTube How to succeed without help from bigger channels?

Necronth

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 26, 2016
YouTube
How does one get views when he has no subscribers and he's just at the beginning? i noticed that small channels don't get any views when they are at 0 subscribers, they still tag their videos well but still nobody seems to fall on their channels. why does this happen and is there a solution?

BigTinyTimTim

Rising User
Jan 26, 2017
YouTube
BigTinyTimTim
You have to do a lot of self marketing. Play yourself up, post your videos where you can. This is the one place that Google+ comes in handy, and since you have a YouTube channel, you already have an account with it. Go to the communities and post your videos wherever they fit.

Another good place is Reddit. There are a lot of subreddits dedicated to certain games or game-types, and the communities can be pretty awesome! (sometimes they like to be jerks... Don't let it get to you.)

Most importantly though, you should always have fun when you're recording a video. Don't let yourself get stressed out over low numbers, and low subscriber counts. If you aren't having fun with it, what's the point?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Once you have created some content that you believe others want to watch, you will need to get your name out there. YouTube generally doesn't help smaller channels, as ones with more views and interactions will always show up higher on search/suggested unless you have created the only video in that search field.

As said above reddit can be one of the best ways to get content out there, just be careful as it can also be quite harsh and the rules are very strict. Get involved with forums and communities that relate to the content that you create. Don't use this just to promote your channel though, you should get involved with conversation and get to know others in the community.

Necronth

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 26, 2016
YouTube
You have to do a lot of self marketing. Play yourself up, post your videos where you can. This is the one place that Google+ comes in handy, and since you have a YouTube channel, you already have an account with it. Go to the communities and post your videos wherever they fit.

Another good place is Reddit. There are a lot of subreddits dedicated to certain games or game-types, and the communities can be pretty awesome! (sometimes they like to be jerks... Don't let it get to you.)

Most importantly though, you should always have fun when you're recording a video. Don't let yourself get stressed out over low numbers, and low subscriber counts. If you aren't having fun with it, what's the point?
i tried that already, but it's not enough, and i tried for 6 months+

BigTinyTimTim

Rising User
Jan 26, 2017
YouTube
BigTinyTimTim
i tried that already, but it's not enough, and i tried for 6 months+

Don't stress it man. I've been on YouTube for 2 years under the same channel name, and I'm sitting at just under 400 subscribers. You should make videos you're proud of and that you wouldn't be afraid to show your friends and family. Get weird, be you, let your personality come out in your videos. If you try to put on a different face, it turns people away because they can tell. It took me a full year to learn that one, but once I started relaxing and being myself, I saw my numbers increase. Albeit not very much, but it does make a difference. You should always have fun with a hobby, and if it gets stressful you should re-think what you're doing while you're still a small channel. I do gaming videos and we all know that YouTube is WAY over-saturated with them, so I started making music as well. I've seen a pretty dramatic increase in traffic since doing that, and I'm having a blast with it!

KillaDrones

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Don't stress it man. I've been on YouTube for 2 years under the same channel name, and I'm sitting at just under 400 subscribers. You should make videos you're proud of and that you wouldn't be afraid to show your friends and family. Get weird, be you, let your personality come out in your videos. If you try to put on a different face, it turns people away because they can tell. It took me a full year to learn that one, but once I started relaxing and being myself, I saw my numbers increase. Albeit not very much, but it does make a difference. You should always have fun with a hobby, and if it gets stressful you should re-think what you're doing while you're still a small channel. I do gaming videos and we all know that YouTube is WAY over-saturated with them, so I started making music as well. I've seen a pretty dramatic increase in traffic since doing that, and I'm having a blast with it!
In the same boat as you man. Been on Youtube for 4 years. 531 subscribers. Over 700 videos. No growth....

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Look unfortuantely its not an easy task to get noticed, i started 8 months ago and only have 500+ subs. I worked hard to get this and had no help in the process, as people have said its all about self advertising and constantly uploading solid content. There are many factors to getting growth on your own, you just have to make videos people are going to want to watch and they will return if they are good. Just make sure your SEO is good ( guilty i dont do that well) get good thumbnails and channel banners that look professional, and most important interact with your fans and prople who comment. Also ofc open various social media outlets like fb, twitter and instagram just to get more exposure.