How to write a good tag!

InfGaw

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
Egypt
YouTube
Anyone know how to write a good tags for youtube videos to rank up our youtube videos in youtube , google , bing .... search if anyone know don't hesitate to tell because all of us need this help specially newbies youtubers (y) (Y)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Its very hard to tell people how to do good tags, as its all based on YT SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), all I would do is focus on putting meaningful tags, try not to go overboard but definitely outline the game, so for example with the Evil Within video you did a while ago I see that you had some less meaningful tags such as "rescue, disarm and turning" which would never really bring me to think of the evil within.

Keep them short I would have done something like "The Evil Within", "Lets Play The Evil Within", "The Evil Within Chapter 5", "Horror", "The Evil Within Gameplay" and maybe a few others, but those would be the main ones for me that I would definitely include. Also I wouldn't advertise your videos so much in your chapter 5 pat 1 you have advertisement every minute, yes that means if someone watches through your video you should get a bit of money in your pocket but its just really annoying to see, maybe have them every 5 minutes or so depending on video length.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
just use tags that are very commen and wich has something to do with your video. not too much of the same or something that doesn't have to do. because that's spamm and you channel can get terminated for that. also use tags that almost no one is using but still has to do with your video. that's all

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
Use tags which fit the video. For example, if you have comedic gameplay, you do "Game name" "funny" "humor" "comedy" and even add the type of comedy if needed.
For guides and stuff, it is more complicated. However just use tags which fit for your video, or use Heartbeat/Tubebuddy.

InfGaw

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
Egypt
YouTube
now its clear guys I really loved and respect all of your thoughts and advice thanks too much for everyone who answered this and helped me luv ya (y) (Y);)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Tubebuddy is indeed a good alternative to gain tag options, furthermore everything that is in common with the video can be used a tag and split words. Basic everything that tells something about the video is important to tag, is it 'Entertainment' or 'Funny' or is it a Game like 'Guild Wars' 'Guild' 'Wars'

InfGaw

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
Egypt
YouTube
Tubebuddy is indeed a good alternative to gain tag options, furthermore everything that is in common with the video can be used a tag and split words. Basic everything that tells something about the video is important to tag, is it 'Entertainment' or 'Funny' or is it a Game like 'Guild Wars' 'Guild' 'Wars'
I was using Tubebuddy before but now am not using it anymore cuz I read that anyone who use this will be demoted or something like that and I never used it anymore after this I don't really remember what they said about it but this is why I stopped using it

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I was using Tubebuddy before but now am not using it anymore cuz I read that anyone who use this will be demoted or something like that and I never used it anymore after this I don't really remember what they said about it but this is why I stopped using it
What i know regarding TubeBuddy that the sponsorship with Freedom has ended so it may have something to do with that. The services ain't bad but to be honest i don't use it myself either. Have used it in the past but since the sponsorship ended i stopped using it.

InfGaw

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
Egypt
YouTube
What i know regarding TubeBuddy that the sponsorship with Freedom has ended so it may have something to do with that. The services ain't bad but to be honest i don't use it myself either. Have used it in the past but since the sponsorship ended i stopped using it.
Yes exactly what I did too but really I dunno why Freedom did that Tubebuddy is so good and helps a lot in getting tags and thumbnails and more I really hate what Freedom has done (facepalm):(

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Yes exactly what I did too but really I dunno why Freedom did that Tubebuddy is so good and helps a lot in getting tags and thumbnails and more I really hate what Freedom has done (facepalm):(
I remember that there was made a thread regarding this but since it has been a great time back i forgot the reason behind it XD

InfGaw

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
Egypt
YouTube
I remember that there was made a thread regarding this but since it has been a great time back i forgot the reason behind it XD
But really Tubebuddy is a great program that support youtubers and help them get the best tags video title and description and thumbnails ..... it really what we call a complete program :rolleyes:

Reactions: TwilightPrinze