I called youtube to get my account back...

AverageRageGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2015
YouTube
There is nothing they can do. My account is gone. I have to recover my stuff through google or whatever, and they asked for the email associated with the account. The hackers changed that. I can't even drive down to youtube.

They deleted my account. 24k subs. GONE!

ANY suggestions at all?

I am stunned right now. 3 years, over 2500 videos.

Everything I worked SO hard for....

Flex Bormarr

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
D: D: D: D: D:..... From what I remember a large portion of your fan base was loyal. I'm sure if you start the channel again you will get some of them back quickly. Otherwise I can only give you an internet hug *hugs monitor*

Reactions: Snaggle Teef

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
I saw your last post, and wish there was something i can do. I feel that what could make me feel better is introduce a new top 8 in dedication to you, calling it something along the lines of... Well... i'm not sure yet but can get back to you. Though my measly 300 subs is nothing compared to the amount you had, It may assist others in making sure this doesn't happen to them as well...

I really want to try and help but is it bad that i turn to content creation as a form of helping?

Again i have to stress that I admire your dedication if you decide to continue going. And that more precautions will be put in place when making your content.

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
There is nothing they can do. My account is gone. I have to recover my stuff through google or whatever, and they asked for the email associated with the account. The hackers changed that. I can't even drive down to youtube.

They deleted my account. 24k subs. GONE!

ANY suggestions at all?

I am stunned right now. 3 years, over 2500 videos.

Everything I worked SO hard for....
Asked freedom for help maybe they can help you retrieve your account back.

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
Asked freedom for help maybe they can help you retrieve your account back.
i'm not sure that they would be able to assist, When he stated what he did above i thought that too. But think of how many accounts youtube has. How many times this happens through the days, months, years, how many of those people got their accounts back. (I haven't done any research just asking lol)

The account was deleted. And Depending on how long ago that was, Based on data restraints and legal holds on backups, I'm not sure that "restoring" his account will help.

I have no idea how YouTube works but i'm in IT so i'm more or less speaking on some of the aspects of account recovery from my perspective on a much... much smaller scale...

Though i could be completely wrong lol

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If you were to make a new account, the people that would REALLY want to see your content (your most loyal subscribers) would find you first.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Something I will suggest you do is to make a stronger password. Something that can't possibly be hacked.

I use a tool called Keepass. Randomly generated passwords for everything and it stores it in an encrypted database on my computer that requires an encryption key file and a password. I also have it getting backed up on dropbox which doesn't have the random password just in case I need to get those files again.

In other words, it is literally impossible to hack any of my accounts unless they first some how get access to my computer indirectly, know the key file, and password. Which is a very unlikely scenario. Getting access to my computer directly .. would really be the only way.

Now if that's not something you want to do. Passwords work best when they contain a combination symbols, numbers, lowercase and uppercase letters.

Brute force hacking will usually go through all possible dictionary words. You can then also take the year of birth or birthday and put it before or after. Obvious things that might be in the password. Pet names are pretty common. Anniversary dates .. etc. So try not to use any of that sort of stuff unless you are adding symbols into it, because brute force hacking can't tell where the symbols would be and which symbols they are which makes it so much harder to hack.

Reactions: Believe