Solved I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I cant get people to find my channel and videos, i have been on youtube for almost 2 months now and am just about to hit 1000 channel veiws. Any tips on how to improve would be much appreciated.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
There is no surefire way to be noticed on Youtube, unfortunately. One thing I did notice when watching your latest No Man's Sky video is that you do tend to swear a bit in the video, I know that sometimes this can't be helped during the recordings but try and keep that in mind, just so your not ruining chances with the younger audiences. Also the main points that I adhere to is just making sure your uploading quality content, on a somewhat regular basis, make sure you take a keen interest in your viewers / subscribers, for example reply to each and everyone if you can.

Upvote 0

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
There is no surefire way to be noticed on Youtube, unfortunately. One thing I did notice when watching your latest No Man's Sky video is that you do tend to swear a bit in the video, I know that sometimes this can't be helped during the recordings but try and keep that in mind, just so your not ruining chances with the younger audiences. Also the main points that I adhere to is just making sure your uploading quality content, on a somewhat regular basis, make sure you take a keen interest in your viewers / subscribers, for example reply to each and everyone if you can.
Yea thanks for taking the time to help, I will definetly take things on board. I knew it was never gunna be easy but I enjoy it anyway, just one thing was the content any good would you say?

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Yea thanks for taking the time to help, I will definetly take things on board. I knew it was never gunna be easy but I enjoy it anyway, just one thing was the content any good would you say?
Yeah I would say it was pretty good, obviously the more you do the better you will get, one thing I will ask are you conscious of recording your voice, in that I mean do you worry about it at all while recording?

Upvote 0

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Yeah I would say it was pretty good, obviously the more you do the better you will get, one thing I will ask are you conscious of recording your voice, in that I mean do you worry about it at all while recording?
Thanks and I mean somtimes i guess so, I try not to think about it but cant always be helped.why do u ask?

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Thanks and I mean somtimes i guess so, I try not to think about it but cant always be helped.why do u ask?
Because it you sounded a bit self conscious in the recording, its hard to explain but it sort of sounded like you were trying a bit too hard to be funny and engaging, which isn't a bad thing but all I would say is just try and forget about it recording your voice and just let things flow naturally, like you were talking to a friend in the room

Upvote 0

SharSjar

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2016
Breda, NL
YouTube
Make sure your thumbnails pop! Your newest in combo with the white colored font, doesn't really pop. Maybe drop a shadow or a gradient on the font. And maybe you can use a facecam in the future, this is a step closer to connecting with your fans. Let them see your funny faces, expressions on jump scares.

I had it as well that I tried to hard to be funny, but that was my nervous side. Eventually you'll get over it and things come natural. It's difficult to show who you are over the internet. About the swearing, I can't say you should or shouldn't. But if you have 16/18+ rated games, it's slightly okay. I do it myself and I can't help it, I curse when I get a jump scare. I will try not to in the future, but I can't make promises.

And just like @zeke morgan says. Interact with the ones that comment, I do it all the time.

Upvote 0

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Make sure your thumbnails pop! Your newest in combo with the white colored font, doesn't really pop. Maybe drop a shadow or a gradient on the font. And maybe you can use a facecam in the future, this is a step closer to connecting with your fans. Let them see your funny faces, expressions on jump scares.

I had it as well that I tried to hard to be funny, but that was my nervous side. Eventually you'll get over it and things come natural. It's difficult to show who you are over the internet. About the swearing, I can't say you should or shouldn't. But if you have 16/18+ rated games, it's slightly okay. I do it myself and I can't help it, I curse when I get a jump scare. I will try not to in the future, but I can't make promises.

And just like @zeke morgan says. Interact with the ones that comment, I do it all the time.
Yea i do interact with the comments when they appear and i did already have shadowing on the font font for the last videos, maybe hard to see. I undertand the face cam thing ofc, its just I dont feel just ready for it so soon, but that was always my plan because yes it does help fans connect with you on another level. I always love an honest opinion on my videos and all goes to help whether positive or negative so thanks all for the comments I will look into improving these points as best i can. Appreciate your time.

Reactions: SharSjar
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.