LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
Hey everyone!

This is just something that really annoys the heck out of me. I get a comment on one of my videos saying how great it is and that viewer subbed to me but then they ask me to check out their channel and sub back.
I can tell that they probably didn't watch my video. They're just trying to advertise on my videos and I hate it.
How do others feel about this?
Sorry for the little rant :p
LtGeneralStore Gaming

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
They get an instant ban and a dislike on their three most recent videos as retaliation for their destructive practices on YouTube.

I find that these people are most often a side-effect of posting on forums and subreddits, but can sometimes show up out of nowhere.

Hey everyone!

This is just something that really annoys the heck out of me. I get a comment on one of my videos saying how great it is and that viewer subbed to me but then they ask me to check out their channel and sub back.
I can tell that they probably didn't watch my video. They're just trying to advertise on my videos and I hate it.
LtGeneralStore Gaming

Yea people have a tendency to do that, they could at least point out a key moment in the video to at least act like they watched it :p

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
Hey everyone!

LtGeneralStore Gaming
It comes with the territory lol, and no they didn't watch the video. I think they should at least watch the video and comment for the video and then for the advertisement of their channel.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hey everyone!

LtGeneralStore Gaming
Seriously, I got two of those very comments this weekend. I looked at who they commented on, they wrote the same exact comment. It made me feel less excited when I realized that. People being fake is the worst :eek:

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Hey everyone!

LtGeneralStore Gaming
Hahaha, the amount of times I get a "good video I liked check me out" is absolutely staggering. Like, I don't even have 100 subs yet and I feel like 90% of my comments are spam. It's like people don't even try anymore.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hahaha, the amount of times I get a "good video I liked check me out" is absolutely staggering. Like, I don't even have 100 subs yet and I feel like 90% of my comments are spam. It's like people don't even try anymore.
Spam typically outweighs quality these days, people tend to steer clear of the youtube comment system lately. A change definitely needs to be in order :eek:

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Spam typically outweighs quality these days, people tend to steer clear of the youtube comment system lately. A change definitely needs to be in order :eek:
Indeed it does. It's like I try to be as interactive as I can, that's one thing I'm shooting for is to communicate with the viewer. It's really hard when everything is so one sided anymore. We need a selfless form of media where is actually feedback rather than someone else's agenda