I would love some tips!

phoenix RSPS

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2015
YouTube
I only been youtubing for a month but i have 91 subscribers, and i would like to know how to get better quality video's (i use camtasia) + i need a intro my comp only has bout 2 gig ram free from 4gig planning on upgrading to 8gig ANY tips for helping my channel grow would be fantastic or if you wanna do a collab pm me

(SN: I only do RSPS video's but if there is another rsps'er here and wanted to do a top 5-10 rsps's vid I'd be down SN:+i can not advertise just yet on here i do not know why)

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
tip 1. do not use very bright green text on light background. it hurt people eyes.

anyway. working with 2gb is not much to go on. you can still try render in hd but it take way too long and may be a problem at this point due to low ram. find out what is your max ram your pc can use. if you upgrade going pass max. it be waste of money. i do not know anything about camtasia. maybe someone can fill you in with that. see camtasia is only movie editor. your movie editor can only do so much for hd. you will need a hd cam or some good cam. if your doing screen recording, try obs. it seem work very well for hd recording. but for your 2gb ram. i do not recommend hd recording. i wish you best of luck...

Reactions: phoenix RSPS

SiliciaGaming

Anime Let's Player
Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
SiliciaGaming
As stated above, you must consider your PC first. Being a let's player needs atleast a beefy computer having around 8-16 gb ram is a must since Recording Programs tends to eat ram while recording. As goes for Rendering a video.

My advice is get a new PC a beefy one. (Or build a Gaming Rig)
Get a nice video editing program that renders an output of 1080p or 720p since those are HD
And get a OBS it's lighter or Mirrillis Action or FRAPS (this one is really HD but you will suffer storage problems).

But really, you need a Better PC. Working with a 2gb ram is hard for a YouTuber

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Awww... that color text hurts my eyeballs ...
Sorry...
I don't know what to suggest...
Just be yourself and have fun...
Hopefully it works...
It seems to be different for everyone...

Reactions: Chris

phoenix RSPS

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2015
YouTube
Sorry...
Hopefully it works...
aha sorry for that im used to a black background on a forums I'll remember not to use bright colors

Reactions: Hail Kira

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
Sorry...
Hopefully it works...
Like he said, just be yourself and have fun. If your not having fun, then whats the point on making a video?
And on top of that, do not think of youtube as your full time job. For now, just do it as a Hobby..

phoenix RSPS

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2015
YouTube
Like he said, just be yourself and have fun. If your not having fun, then whats the point on making a video?
And on top of that, do not think of youtube as your full time job. For now, just do it as a Hobby..
Thank you and i do have alot of fun making video's :) and it is not my job if it's fun ;)

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
Dang, hard time to do Runescape videos. They died then came out with old school again then died again so you missed the 8 ball by alittle. Also the only thing new you can do is PVP videos unless you make some better videos then idkwhatsrs did. Or have some hella good money making guides. Here are some tips I could give though, but by no means am I like a top rated person so don't take me as the final word.

Tips:
1) I mean Runescape isn't a demanding game at all but I would think out picking up a gaming rig on black Friday or something.
2) Have some type of thumbnail on your videos. When it comes to games that are or have been played out you need to have something that stands out an makes people want to click on your video.
3) Use OBS or something with thats less demanding. Also OBS will allow you to put a face cam , start streaming, put some overlays and also you can record custom areas which would help you as I see in most of your videos we can see the top bar on the private server pop-up.
4)Commentaries will go a long way, I saw in some of your videos it was just music with you talking to people in the game. Also on the ones you did talk your voice was pretty soft , I had to up my volume abit to hear you.
5)Make your channel appeal to the eye more. A few ways you can do this is make some kind of "welcome to my channel" video with a brief explanation of what they should expect if they subscribe. Put your videos in playlist so videos are easier to find if people like a certain type of video series, also this increases the odds of people watching the next video in said playlist.

phoenix RSPS

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2015
YouTube
Dang, hard time to do Runescape videos. They died then came out with old school again then died again so you missed the 8 ball by alittle. Also the only thing new you can do is PVP videos unless you make some better videos then idkwhatsrs did. Or have some hella good money making guides. Here are some tips I could give though, but by no means am I like a top rated person so don't take me as the final word.

Tips:
1) I mean Runescape isn't a demanding game at all but I would think out picking up a gaming rig on black Friday or something.
2) Have some type of thumbnail on your videos. When it comes to games that are or have been played out you need to have something that stands out an makes people want to click on your video.
3) Use OBS or something with thats less demanding. Also OBS will allow you to put a face cam , start streaming, put some overlays and also you can record custom areas which would help you as I see in most of your videos we can see the top bar on the private server pop-up.
4)Commentaries will go a long way, I saw in some of your videos it was just music with you talking to people in the game. Also on the ones you did talk your voice was pretty soft , I had to up my volume abit to hear you.
5)Make your channel appeal to the eye more. A few ways you can do this is make some kind of "welcome to my channel" video with a brief explanation of what they should expect if they subscribe. Put your videos in playlist so videos are easier to find if people like a certain type of video series, also this increases the odds of people watching the next video in said playlist.
I love your reply THANK YOU :) my voice is soft due to my mic is only an internal one and im planning on saving for a decent laptop soon i will definitely use your inf <3 do you know the correct size for a thumbnail? i cannot find it anywhere i tried looking. :)

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
I love your reply THANK YOU :) my voice is soft due to my mic is only an internal one and im planning on saving for a decent laptop soon i will definitely use your inf <3 do you know the correct size for a thumbnail? i cannot find it anywhere i tried looking. :)
The standard 1280x720
"Size. Your custom thumbnail image should be as large as possible, as the image will also be used as the preview image in the embedded player. We recommend your custom thumbnails: Have a resolution of1280x720 (with minimum width of 640 pixels)." ( google support ).

Also to change up your voice You could record it with audacity so the two files are separate and you can then judge what range you want the voice to be. Be of luck man.

phoenix RSPS

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2015
YouTube
The standard 1280x720
"Size. Your custom thumbnail image should be as large as possible, as the image will also be used as the preview image in the embedded player. We recommend your custom thumbnails: Have a resolution of1280x720 (with minimum width of 640 pixels)." ( google support ).

Also to change up your voice You could record it with audacity so the two files are separate and you can then judge what range you want the voice to be. Be of luck man.
i use camtasia's narration app but i will take in consideration on that app thank you for the info on the size[DOUBLEPOST=1447038755][/DOUBLEPOST]
Samson GO mic is 20-30 bucks cheaper and its just as good if not better.
i will search for this next time im running around with cash in hand haha i kid but thank you once again

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
i use camtasia's narration app but i will take in consideration on that app thank you for the info on the size[DOUBLEPOST=1447038755][/DOUBLEPOST]
i will search for this next time im running around with cash in hand haha i kid but thank you once again
Its on amazon btw . Ditch the camtasia man OBS is easy to use and offers so much, its like the free xsplit.