Gaming I'm a fresh partner

JoyofGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2015
YouTube
and socially awkward so forgive me if this seems terse.

Your name: Terashell
(Optional) Where are you from?: New York
(Optional) How old are you?: 31
How did you find Freedom!? Ziovo youtube channel
What made you join our forums?: I have no idea what I'm doing or where to start and don't know anyone
What are your hobbies?: Drawing
What is your favorite food? Ice cream
Why did you start YouTube? To entertain
(Optional)What is your biggest dream? work from home doing something I enjoy so I don't have to deal with people.
What kind of channel do you run?: Gaming/Let's Play for now, might do animation later.
What kind of content do you upload? Let's plays
When do you upload?: Randomly
Channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKa-Oww1UAeJXaRZ9Y3XFDw

So like, training doesn't help because I have no one to do playlist4playlist or any of that stuff and my stuff is already monetized. I have 29 subs and no idea what I'm doing.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Welcome Terashell! Doesn't matter if you don't know anyone here, most of us are friendly and happy to help each other out. :) Be sure to have a look through the forums there are some good tips as well as lots of other creators who have set up their channels.

Good luck with your channel, are there any goals you would like to reach while being part of Freedom?

JoyofGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2015
YouTube
Well, maybe being able to actually make some money doing this. Figuring out which of my games to play, um... Mostly I just want to build the brand I guess? Figure out how to youtube I guess.

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
Welcome To Freedom! :D

Our dreams is what makes us go and do this thing or at least that's my motivation.; However , you got to put some more hardwork into your content to be able to do that , and i am talking about overall work of your channel starting with graphics [ Thumbnails , Logo , Banner ] those things are underestimated , but they are really important for your channel to reflect some good impression plus the thumbnails are searchable , so you might want to make them more appealing to click on :D. Another thing is commentary which is even more important element to keep people engaged , and in order to do that you must make it more exciting and energetic to pull people's attention! :D , and that includes your vlog which are really good , but can use energy and excitement :D

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU MAN! :D just be patient on this and work hard , and you'll get there , and remember that nothing comes easy! ;D

Reactions: M.Adams

JoyofGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2015
YouTube
So my banner is crap then? I have no idea how to do thumbnails if I'm trying to put out daily content since I don't have access to high end photo editing software to do things with.

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
So my banner is crap then? I have no idea how to do thumbnails if I'm trying to put out daily content since I don't have access to high end photo editing software to do things with.

I wouldn't call it that , its just irrelevant to what you do , or its just not clear! , and you can actually get thumbnails or banners by asking someone to do them for you , but not the thumbnails i wouldn't recommend it!

JoyofGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2015
YouTube
therein lies the rub, I have no funding and the graphics revamps for partners look... really generic[DOUBLEPOST=1447875034][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wouldn't call it that , its just irrelevant to what you do , or its just not clear! , and you can actually get thumbnails or banners by asking someone to do them for you , but not the thumbnails i wouldn't recommend it!
I just now realized that it doesn't have actual art just a random photo, hm, maybe I should use the generic revamping just for now.

Last edited:

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
therein lies the rub, I have no funding and the graphics revamps for partners look... really generic[DOUBLEPOST=1447875034][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just now realized that it doesn't have actual art just a random photo, hm, maybe I should use the generic revamping just for now.

Yeah you can do that until then , but really try to improve because that will get you somewhere :D

JoyofGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2015
YouTube
Well other than my energy level and figuring out how to do thumbnails (no idea...) what else do I need to improve? I'm a socially awkward anti-social nerd with severe anxiety

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
ITS OK! , that actually makes you unique , just don't look at the negative side of it , look at Markiplier , he is kind of a nerd , but he made it like its something special , and you can do this as well , so i guess just work on it , practice it , but don't memorize it , just be yourself , but your better self because i think that will develop your personality to something even better with time :D , and if you needed help with the software there are many ways to get them for free for you to improve your work in the future not just graphics wise , but also video wise , and by that i mean editing!

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
Then you should learn doing it by maybe testing ideas , or even trying to get inspired by some YouTubers who are really good in this term! :D and also you may find some videos with some PSD templates that can help you figure out the concept of how to do some good graphics! :D

JoyofGaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2015
YouTube
that would require decent photo editing software, alll I've got are a basic version of irfanview and a clip paint studio which is good for drawing but not so much text and stuff as far as I can figure, it can't properly load psds to edit text fields.

I'm also /really bad/ at trying to promote myself because it makes me feel like an asshole.

Last edited:

HFOShow

Ambitious Entertainer
Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2015
Kuwait
www.youtube.com
YouTube
HFOShow
NO MAN! its ok everybody starts somewhere!, But i'll tell you what , you can actually find decent Editing software for free , you just have to type it in search , and i am sure you'll find those , so you're task is only to learn and develop that skill! :D

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
The key to gaining more subscribers is staying active. I checked out your channel and you haven't uploaded in 4 weeks.

Anyways, welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll meet someone to help you along your YouTube journey.