Is gaming the biggest genre of videos on youtube

Aj the kid

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 14, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I may have just started youtube but i have been watching youtube for years and looking at the genres gaming has to be the most popular genre to me with people like pewdipie, markiplier, jacksepticeye who made this genre a lifestyle i watch other genres like reactions, reviews and the infamous drama/rant videos but gaming is always on top what do you think is gaming the top of youtube? If not what other genre you think is up there and why

Tempo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 11, 2016
United Kingdom
YouTube
Gaming is so popular because is it so easy to do. Many dedicated vloggers have daily upload channels and have massive following due to their looks or personalities which of course not everyone has, and not everyone has the time to daily vlog - some people probably don't even do enough in a day. Gaming seems to be the biggest, along with music - if we are talking in terms of large channels. Gaming is so easy to record now, with softwares like OBS and Game Captures like Elgato. Gaming has always been a big culture for many people so many people has devices and computers before youtube became a way to make money. Due to gaming being so easy to play, I'd say that's why it is the largest.

Reactions: Aj the kid