Is reaction videos considered harassment

aJay

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
ajayishappy
I make videos making fun of youtube channels who spam on my channel and/or make stupid hate comments on my channel. There was a new addition to the harassment ToS(Picture below). Will making fun of other channels be considered harassment or cyberbullying?

Dylucke

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 5, 2016
The Netherlands
YouTube
If you read over point 5 then i think you have your answer ;)

not only 5 applies here though, 4 might apply and even 7, even though you might not see it as such. These new rules have been worded so loosely that i'm afraid a lot of channels are going to be shut down if they continue what they do if youtube actually starts enforcing these rules, which in turn would cause a massive backlash and hate towards youtube.

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
In a way, yes according to your updated regulations that YouTube has, it is offensive and can be considered harassment and/or cyber bullying. Although you have major YouTubers out there making fun of YouTube and each other, they get permission from that person before commencing with the roast videos. Without consent, its an offense.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It only applies if it intentionally being negative while offering nothing constructive or additive to the cause.
Treat point 5 the same way with comments and people as you would with copyrighted content and parodies.

AnimeGG25

New User
Jun 21, 2016
YouTube
As everyone else has said, without permission, it will likely be considered an offense. Whether this is a good thing for YouTube has yet to be seen, but we can only really wait to find out.