Is this possible? A challenge to our channel

G

Gods of Odds

Does anyone think it is possible to make enough money from doing YouTube within 5 months or do you think it is possible to make between 50,000 to 100,000 subscribers in 4 to 5 months? This is a challenge that we have set ourselves. We hope to be able to achieve this by doing a lore series on YouTube that hasn't been done yet.

Lord Dan

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2016
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
YouTube
Fastest growth I have seen from a small channel is a friend of mine who went from 0 to 6k in about 6 months. So I personally would say no unless you plan to buy fake subs and/or sub4sub which won't get you anything but a number in the long run. The sad truth of Youtube is larger channels grow quicker due to popularity and Youtube putting an enthasis on those channels for obvious advertising potential. You will need to put in all the effort in all the right areas to reach even the 1k subs a month that he attained.

G

Gods of Odds

Fastest growth I have seen from a small channel is a friend of mine who went from 0 to 6k in about 6 months. So I personally would say no unless you plan to buy fake subs and/or sub4sub which won't get you anything but a number in the long run. The sad truth of Youtube is larger channels grow quicker due to popularity and Youtube putting an enthasis on those channels for obvious advertising potential. You will need to put in all the effort in all the right areas to reach even the 1k subs a month that he attained.
What sort of channel is he?

G

Gods of Odds

He does Minecraft Feed the beast and other tech modpacks. Even more impressive when you consider how diluted Minecraft content is on Youtube.
Yep he must do something special. Every lore series I have ever seen that is done properly seems to have done quite well so I'm hoping to have the same hope but just in a very quick time because for so many reasons I really need this to work.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I think it might be asking a bit too much honestly. It's not easy out there no matter what content you make. It would likely take quite a lot of time to reach those numbers even on a best case scenario.

Lord Dan

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2016
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
YouTube
Yep he must do something special. Every lore series I have ever seen that is done properly seems to have done quite well so I'm hoping to have the same hope but just in a very quick time because for so many reasons I really need this to work.

Well he's active and uploads consistently. He also has great technical knowledge of the mods and how they work so he's capable of setting up some great machinery, automation, etc. He actually also has a really decent voice, like, just relaxed and mellow. On top of that he's also a pretty decent builder. Coupling all that, it does make for some interesting gameplay. He's the only one I watch for MC other the Direwolf.

Regardless, I wish you the best and hope you succeed. ;)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
On average, I gain one subscriber per 100-250 views, which means around a subscriber a day with my regular view flow.
In order to get 50,000 subscribers, it would require you to get at least 5,000,000 views off of engaging content and not just a one-off video.

G

Gods of Odds

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll definitely be trying. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
I've got a RL friend trying to hit 10k subs within a month. Speaking from my experience of being a weekly uploader, getting active subs at that rate is difficult, and looking at my friends methods(retweet bots,ect), it is difficult to tell if he'll get active subs. As for a challenge I suggest doing, while it isn't "really" a challenge, just have fun and try to make unique edits you may enjoy!
Give it time, patience and overall having fun.

G

Gods of Odds

I've got a RL friend trying to hit 10k subs within a month. Speaking from my experience of being a weekly uploader, getting active subs at that rate is difficult, and looking at my friends methods(retweet bots,ect), it is difficult to tell if he'll get active subs. As for a challenge I suggest doing, while it isn't "really" a challenge, just have fun and try to make unique edits you may enjoy!
Give it time, patience and overall having fun.
I wish I could take my time but basically the reason I suddenly need to grow so much is to make this a full time job so that me and my girlfriend can move out before Christmas. At the moment me and my girlfriend haven't been allowed to see each other for nearly a year because her parents are lets just say rather ****. So basically I'm trying to do this for my girlfriend to make her life about a billion times better.

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
There is a possibility that you can reach your goal! Who knows maybe you will burst! No one knows what's going to happen but good luck on your goal!

Twinsplus

Freedom! Member
Jul 3, 2015
YouTube
Just be like Marina Joyce and pretend to be kidnapped. She gained over a million subs in a couple days :D(facepalm)

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
forget it... that is a impossible plan. you really need to get the highest luck what you on youtube can get to make it that far in a half year time. but don't even get the hopes on it. so sorry man... you wil never make in 5 month's......

nailsunleashed

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
There are just too many factors involved to determine for sure if you can achieve that goal or not. I am sure it can be done...but, that is enormous growth....so..not likely.:eek: More people would be able to do it if it were that easy.:confused: