I've noticed a few videos on Youtube, claiming that Freedom is a scam.

TeeGG

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2016
YouTube
Where did they get that Idea from? I've never had any real issues with Freedom. Here's one of them.

PRENKGAATFOUT

New User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2016
The Netherlands
YouTube
I have seen a few of those videos too. In fact, it is the first thing that pops up if you search "freedom network" on youtube. However, I wouldn't leave just because I few people on the internet said so. If you are starting to have any problems with the network, you could always leave anyway. This isn't Machinima...

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
Well i joined freedom two years ago due to the no bind in contacts. I had no high hopes for a MCN to help me, but freedom have provided me extra tools and the music licenses i needed for my videos. So in my personal opinion i find freedom as a fine network. Even though it have its disadvantages aswell. But no advantages without disadvantages. :)

Reactions: ajohm130

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Yea you'll see one of my videos up there too, but I don't claim it to be a scam. They're not trying to screw anyone, some people just get let down when they don't grow fast enough.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Yea you'll see one of my videos up there too, but I don't claim it to be a scam. They're not trying to screw anyone, some people just get let down when they don't grow fast enough.
Those people are the kind that think being in a network will somehow turn you into the big guy on YouTube, simply because all of the big YouTubers are partnered with MCN's. It's a common misconception perceived by those who are desperate to get big on YouTube so they don't have to work a real job.

TeeGG

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2016
YouTube
I have seen a few of those videos too. In fact, it is the first thing that pops up if you search "freedom network" on youtube. However, I wouldn't leave just because I few people on the internet said so. If you are starting to have any problems with the network, you could always leave anyway. This isn't Machinima...

My thoughts exactly! No one is bonded to Freedom but the naysayers seem to forget that. It's why I joined in the first place.

TeeGG

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2016
YouTube
Those people are the kind that think being in a network will somehow turn you into the big guy on YouTube, simply because all of the big YouTubers are partnered with MCN's. It's a common misconception perceived by those who are desperate to get big on YouTube so they don't have to work a real job.

I did a video about Freedom and I explain that you still have to put in the work. I think of doing another video to shut down the 'scam' allegations.

TeeGG

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2016
YouTube
Most of them complain about the revenue share, but the thing is they don't earn much so not really a thing to complain about.

Yeah, I think people get too greedy. At the end of the day (I hate that phrase lol) Freedom gives its partners access to features that non partners won't get. Fair deal, to me.

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
Quite a few of the videos I've seen on this topic are people complaining about the disregard for the users in subnetworks. Many people complaining about Freedom! as a whole, when really their problem is with the select few that run their own networks under the Freedom! banner.
In my two years (in another 6 days!) I've never had a problem with the main Freedom! network or MGN.

TeeGG

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2016
YouTube
Quite a few of the videos I've seen on this topic are people complaining about the disregard for the users in subnetworks. Many people complaining about Freedom! as a whole, when really their problem is with the select few that run their own networks under the Freedom! banner.
In my two years (in another 6 days!) I've never had a problem with the main Freedom! network or MGN.

I'm happy to hear that. I've no problems either.

Charxander Origin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2016
YouTube
Where did they get that Idea from? I've never had any real issues with Freedom. Here's one of them.

The thing with networks is that a lot of people join thinking they will get lucky and picked at random to jump from like 10 subs to 10,000 or something overnight. People think networks are a scam because there are no instant results. They don't want to be part of the community, they went loads of people to flock to them. It occurs with every network, not just freedom. Look up any network you can think of, and I am like 99% sure most of the results will be "Why the <blank> network is a scam".