Juggling full time job and YouTube (job).

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
Hi guys! Been a while! May have seen me comment on a lot of posts recently, I've been on hiatus not only from here but also YouTube but finally getting a system down to manage everything!

So as stated in the title. How many of you guys are at a full time job, and also doing YouTube?

Me myself? I've got a full time job that has me working from 10 am to 7 pm, Which leaves little time to come up with content, shoot it, edit it, and ship it out asap. I also have a toddler he'll be 2 next Tuesday (Yay!) as well as a 3 month old baby girl. Those are a job themselves too! But I still somehow manage to push out a video most every day if possible, and trying to get a schedule together! Progressively adding more content to each one, better production, and more relatable segments!

Do you guys have a full time job as well? Maybe not even just a job, but school, kids, anything that would make it slightly if not way more difficult to get your content out.

If so how do you guys manage? I look forward to everyone's responses!

ReesFitz92

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 25, 2015
UK
YouTube
It's hard with kids because I only get to try and get good game plays on the night after kids gone to sleep so I'm working on a schedule with 3 uploads a week instead of trying to push a video each day so gives me more time for better content.

Reactions: Snaggle Teef

MisterUltimate

Freedom! Member
So far my best strategy has been to record as many videos as possible on one or two days out of the week. A few hours of editing, making thumbnails, etc. spread through the week, and I can usually stay ahead.

Now, mind you I'm on a Sun/Tue/Thu/Sat publishing schedule. Not sure if this would work as well for a daily schedule.

Also, keep in mind that I do gameplay based content, which is much less intensive than many other types of videos. Things that require a lot of pre-planning, scripts, locations, etc. would take much more time per video than what I'm doing.

Reactions: Snaggle Teef

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I am running a fulltime job where i make between 132 and 152 hours per 4 weeks. I work in the security branch and mostly work night shifts and have 2 kids. In between the times i have my hand free i try to enjoy with gaming and record i for youtube. So far it all is going well :)