Solved License of Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
All information regarding the use of Position Music while being partnered with Freedom can be found via this support article, and I have also quoted this below

Freedom! signed a deal with Position / FiXT music. This deal allows you to use music provided by them on your YouTube Channel, Smashcast stream and/or Twitch stream. There are a few things you need to understand before using their music:
  • You are not allowed to use their music to promote a commercial product other than yourself
  • You will probably get a Content ID match on your videos when using their music. Please refer to this FAQ to get this resolved
  • You can use their music as long as you’re partnered with Freedom!
  • You will be able to keep your old videos that use their music when you leave Freedom!
Occasionally, you may receive a Content ID match on some of Position Music's songs, but don't worry! If you are a Freedom! partner, simply dispute the claim mentioning that you are a Freedom! partner and asking for the claim to be removed. The claims should be gone in a few hours, although it could take a bit more time during the weekend.

We also ask you to post in the description of every video you use music from Position Music that the music was licensed from Position Music to Freedom! and include the name of the artist name and song. This should also help avoid possible misunderstandings.

Please note, claims that are for a music composition, which means that there may be more parties claiming the song, are not claims from Position Music, so unfortunately we are not able to help you with this claim. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please contact us on support by opening a ticket and selecting Position Music as the type of inquiry. Don’t forget to always mention your Freedom! Custom ID, channel URL, screenshot of the claim, and link to the video. This is help us to give you a faster reply.

So for a quick clarification you don't need express written permission, as long as you are a member of the Freedom network, at the time of using the music, then you can use this in your videos. If you get a content ID match then just dispute the claim outlining your allowed to use this as you are part of the Freedom Network and they should remove their claim. Also note its a good idea to write a quick disclaimer in the description of your video including the artists name and song and that you are allowed to use this as you are a member of the Freedom Network

Upvote 0

Neeraj Dwivedi

Rising User
May 30, 2017
i am going epidemic sound from freedom dashboard and want download music, but there need payment for license

what i will do, download and use without license

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
i am going epidemic sound from freedom dashboard and want download music, but there need payment for license

what i will do, download and use without license
If it asking you to pay for a license make sure that your channel is indeed linked to the Freedom Network, or contact Epidemic Sound as they will be able to check your channel has been linked to their services correctly. As long as you are 100% partnered with Freedom you can either download what you need from ES and then piece together the background music (be sure to only use it as background music, as this is whats covered in the agreement with them) or wait to get confirmation from ES / Freedom regarding this

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.