Tips & Tricks Looking for some tips

Nicholas Harris

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Canada
YouTube
NertiaYT
Hey everyone from the Freedom family, my name is Nick but I go by Nertia on YouTube, recently changed from ScaryKillerN. I'm currently in the process of getting some channel art, I have a new banner but waiting for a logo now but anyway; I'm looking for tips as to how to grow my channel and reach more views. From a marketing point is view more preferably. I've got a Twitter that I try to stay active on and use hashtags when a new video is uploaded and such, and I use keywords in my videos but is there anything else? I know people say by contributing in a gaming community but I don't really know any other gaming communities other than the one here on Freedom :( anyway, I'll gladly take any tips anyone has to offer! Thanks~

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Hey

There is many things that can increase your chances of views on YouTube, here is a short list of some

• Search Engine Optimization (Metadata)
  • Advertising (Appropriately)
  • Trends
  • Design
SEO
Metadata is very important on YouTube, everyone has used it, the question is: Has people used it correctly?
I would advise for tags an application RapidTags.io, or you can check our Resource Guide for tags here.

Advertising
There is a limit/line between appropriate advertising, and worthless advertising (inappropriate)
Using Twitter, Facebook or our Content Section for videos is acceptable, but going around on Reddit, other forums and just posting links is not.
A good channel only needs to advertise legitimately, or using the acceptable ways to do it.

Trends
Make videos people want to see, there is no reason to play a free to play game that people hate, when you could upload a game that some (not all) may like, this is because more people will see it, and more people want to watch MORE!

Design
Your channel needs to look good, so the process of changing banners/logos is a good idea, people will use your logo and remember it, technically it is a staple of your channel that will be remembered in people's memory.

Reactions: Nicholas Harris

Nicholas Harris

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Canada
YouTube
NertiaYT
Hey

There is many things that can increase your chances of views on YouTube, here is a short list of some

• Search Engine Optimization (Metadata)
  • Advertising (Appropriately)
  • Trends
  • Design
SEO
Metadata is very important on YouTube, everyone has used it, the question is: Has people used it correctly?
I would advise for tags an application RapidTags.io, or you can check our Resource Guide for tags here.

Advertising
There is a limit/line between appropriate advertising, and worthless advertising (inappropriate)
Using Twitter, Facebook or our Content Section for videos is acceptable, but going around on Reddit, other forums and just posting links is not.
A good channel only needs to advertise legitimately, or using the acceptable ways to do it.

Trends
Make videos people want to see, there is no reason to play a free to play game that people hate, when you could upload a game that some (not all) may like, this is because more people will see it, and more people want to watch MORE!

Design
Your channel needs to look good, so the process of changing banners/logos is a good idea, people will use your logo and remember it, technically it is a staple of your channel that will be remembered in people's memory.
Wow awesome! Thank you so much :) I really like the link for the SEO!!! :D