DMokonaR

Jun 14, 2016
Australia
YouTube
I thought it was alright but yeah... not as good as DD and was it just me or did you find that the dialog and some parts of the show were just cringy and "corny" (see what i did there?) but it's only the start and intro to the character i guess. Have high hopes for Iron Fist tho.

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
Only seen the 1st ep but I have to say Daredevil's pilot did better imo :x

tlevelgrinders

Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2016
YouTube
Definitely better than Jessica Jones, I find it better than Season 1 of DD but not season 2 (aka Season 0.5 Punisher)

FreelanceSeven

Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
FreelanceSeven
To me, so far (I am like maybe 6 episodes in or so?) it's the weakest of the three Marvel netflix shows. It's hard to be scared for a character who literally can not be hurt by bullets or weapons. But it's still good. It's not bad. I just like Daredevil and Jessica Jones more.

Reactions: gunsage

gunsage

Freedom! Member
To me, so far (I am like maybe 6 episodes in or so?) it's the weakest of the three Marvel netflix shows. It's hard to be scared for a character who literally can not be hurt by bullets or weapons. But it's still good. It's not bad. I just like Daredevil and Jessica Jones more.
I hear ya on that. I'm only a couple of episodes in and I'm like "what are they going to use to hurt this dude, tho." I'm not familiar with the source material, but I'm sure there's something. Could also be that they simply continue to leverage people who mean something to him so that he's always in a tight situation, but still. LOVE Daredevil and I'm looking forward to Punisher.

FreelanceSeven

Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
YouTube
FreelanceSeven
I hear ya on that. I'm only a couple of episodes in and I'm like "what are they going to use to hurt this dude, tho." I'm not familiar with the source material, but I'm sure there's something. Could also be that they simply continue to leverage people who mean something to him so that he's always in a tight situation, but still. LOVE Daredevil and I'm looking forward to Punisher.

Yeah, and Theo Rossi isn't that good of an actor, and the story is just all over the place.

But yeah, Punisher is going to be awesome!

Reactions: gunsage

TheMLGenies

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2016
YouTube
TheMLGenies
Yeah, and Theo Rossi isn't that good of an actor, and the story is just all over the place.

But yeah, Punisher is going to be awesome!

I gotta disagree with you here man, Theo Rossi is great. I loved him in Sons of Anarchy, which is probably what he's most known for. He was also one of my favorite characters in Luke Cage too.

Though I do agree it starts slow, the show overall gets much better as it goes along.

Reactions: Cyborg-Lucario