Status
Not open for further replies.

Willfarrant

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 6, 2015
YouTube
Okay, so I kind of have a rant here...

So I was a member of Freedom! for over a year, and was more than happy with the service, however I requested to unlink my channels due to the fact that I have a website that I can also run ads on, so I decided to merge it all into AdSense. However, since joining the AdSense program, and being accepted may I add, one day it said all monetisation is now disabled for this channel. My videos are all within the guidelines, and so is my website, the only thing was the content wasn't sufficient on the website at the time so they said they wouldn't place ads on it, which is fair enough. But my complaint is, why on earth can I no longer monetise my YouTube videos because of this, and also even after requesting a new invite from Freedom!, i received nothing for over a month, and I'm still waiting.

Responses appreciated,

Will

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001

So I was a member of Freedom! for over a year, and was more than happy with the service, however I requested to unlink my channels due to the fact that I have a website that I can also run ads on, so I decided to merge it all into AdSense. However, since joining the AdSense program, and being accepted may I add, one day it said all monetisation is now disabled for this channel. My videos are all within the guidelines, and so is my website, the only thing was the content wasn't sufficient on the website at the time so they said they wouldn't place ads on it, which is fair enough. But my complaint is, why on earth can I no longer monetise my YouTube videos because of this, and also even after requesting a new invite from Freedom!, i received nothing for over a month, and I'm still waiting.

Responses appreciated,

Will
Hey @Willfarrant,

Can you give us two screenshots that may help with solving this issue?
- Your YouTube Features page at https://youtube.com/features
- A screenshot of your videos being demonized or what happens when trying to monetize them again.

As of that invite, if you were kind enough to give us your channel URL or channel ID that would help us all so a support member is able to send it to the QA team.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube

Responses appreciated,

Will

Ok so I shall try and help in two parts

1) Regarding the monetisation I wouldn't be able to comment why your videos are suddenly unable to be monetised though you might find the following link helpful to diagnose the issues your having with monetisation and it will also offer you tips on how to fix the issue :
https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2990415?hl=en-GB

If you are still having issues with this it might also be helpful to contact YouTube or Adsense about this issue

2) As for the issues with Freedom - I'm sorry that you have been waiting over a month regarding this. Freedom has recently gone under a new system of how they welcome new partners / link new channels to the network, in which you have to speak to a representative in a live chat on the Freedom dashboard. Normally this process takes around 2-3 working days and if it takes any longer we would always recommend you sending a ticket to the support team at www.support.tm regarding this. One possible reason why the partnership may be taking so long is the monetisation issue you are having as you need to have active monetisation to be able to join Freedom

Upvote 0

Willfarrant

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 6, 2015
YouTube
Don't worry, I'm in no rush for this to be fixed, I just thought it needed bringing up.

Okay, My channel ID URL is UCZ0XtwjEnSwv0TA7zBO2xpg - FreedomID 465480

I will attach a screenshot of my features page as well as the symbol on all of my videos. The $ with the \ through it says 'Not eligible for monetisation'

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 21.38.13.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 21.38.13.png
    363.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 21.40.08.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 21.40.08.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Don't worry, I'm in no rush for this to be fixed, I just thought it needed bringing up.

Okay, My channel ID URL is UCZ0XtwjEnSwv0TA7zBO2xpg - FreedomID 465480

I will attach a screenshot of my features page as well as the symbol on all of my videos. The $ with the \ through it says 'Not eligible for monetisation'
You would need to send both those information in a ticket at www.support.tm as unfortunately they won't talk with anyone other than the account holder, regarding these matters. As for the disabled monetisation have you checked you have done both of the recommended fixes for this via the link I gave you?

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
When you click on the learn more information button under your disable monetisation (your first screenshot) what does it come up with?
Pretty sure it's this: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1727191

So @Willfarrant, from all I could research it's either YouTube having detected fraudulent activity on your channel (e.g. viewbotting) or a bug in YouTube's CMS and adsense. As you are currently not with freedom, I don't think their support team can do much but research, which I'm doing a lot here as I want to get this sorted.

What I think you could do is fill out this form as it comes the closest to your issue:
https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/2707037

Please keep us posted on the results. I'll do a bit more research and might check back later.

PS: 200th message

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
When searching around on Google Support i agree with @LW001.

It could be that your re-direction to the website is what made youtube disable the monetize option as in their eyes it went against AdSense its policy or website usage.
In this part all you can do is contact youtube support itself and ask is there is a possible way to get it enabled again.

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
So I've done a bit more research and the people I asked from YouTube told me you should have received an email when it happened telling you about it. Can you see if YouTube has sent you any Emails about this?

Upvote 0

Willfarrant

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 6, 2015
YouTube
I did not receive an email about it. I can assure everyone that I'm not using view bots and have never used them. I filled out the invalid activity form and the response I got was that apparently my Channel has not been disabled for Invalid Activity. So now I have no clue what is happening.

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I did not receive an email about it. I can assure everyone that I'm not using view bots and have never used them. I filled out the invalid activity form and the response I got was that apparently my Channel has not been disabled for Invalid Activity. So now I have no clue what is happening.
What other services are you using with AdSense?

Upvote 0

Willfarrant

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 6, 2015
YouTube
None that I'm aware of. Only YouTube. I tried to place ads on my website a while ago, but that didn't work, due to lack of content.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.