Request new channel intro

imglitchypoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 28, 2016
YouTube

Channel Trailer video, main points just the essence of the video, does it fit in as a channel trailer?

Any other comments on the video in general is appreciated.

Last edited:

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
As far as channel trailers go, it's not really great. I think it's a great video in general, but you don't really explain what exactly you do. You just kind of had a montage of a couple videos and that was it. What most people do with channel trailers is make them about a minute or 2 long, and then just do a lot of montages with like dubstep in the background or something. That's just my recommendation

Reactions: imglitchypoo

imglitchypoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 28, 2016
YouTube
As far as channel trailers go, it's not really great. I think it's a great video in general, but you don't really explain what exactly you do. You just kind of had a montage of a couple videos and that was it. What most people do with channel trailers is make them about a minute or 2 long, and then just do a lot of montages with like dubstep in the background or something. That's just my recommendation

I think the best way to tell what I was going to do was to actually show how I do things with my friends, Rust is a game I play to horse around in, OverWatch I take seriously, CS:GO I play to have fun with a competitive spirit. I'm not going to take to doing a montage video with dubstep playing in the background just because I don't want to take the time to make something that annoying (imo those are annoying).

But I do understand your view on it. It was more of a "what I do" video because I'm going to upload all sorts of things from cheap comedy bits to serious frag videos, that's why I never go into the details. The best security is obscurity :3 and by that I mean I still don't know what I'm going to upload all the time lol. Thank you for your opinion though!

LWLegends

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 14, 2015
YouTube
First question: is this an intro video or a channel trailer? If it's an intro... throw it away and start over, it's way to long to be an intro video. You want 10 to 20 seconds max on the Intro. If it's a channel trailer video, it's pretty decent but I would make one suggestion. Fix / adjust your commentary audio to your game audio.. It is nearly impossible to hear you. As a Youtuber, you are not just playing games, your main job is to make exciting commentary for your viewers. There are millions of other videos out there covering the same game/topic, so the only thing that we have that can set us apart is our commentary while playing the game. If we can't hear you or understand you, it's "Game Over" for you...LOL.

Second question: What EXACTLY are you requesting that we review about this video? Your post was extremely vague (and that's being generous) - You simply stated that you had a new channel intro (which is not true, what you have is a channel trailer) and then said "discussion - GO". We can give much more "pin-pointed" help if we knew what it was that you wanted us to help with. IE.. Does the video flow well? Do my graphics match my channel, does my mic echo, how are the sound levels, etc...

Please check out the rules for posting on this forum:

2. What you want reviewed
State exactly what you want in your video, channel, webpage etc. to be reviewed. Don't just post a video saying you want a review, do you want to know if your voice levels are ok? Do you want to know if your thumbnails are easily visible. Threads without clear instructions on what to review may be deleted!

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I think the best way to tell what I was going to do was to actually show how I do things with my friends, Rust is a game I play to horse around in, OverWatch I take seriously, CS:GO I play to have fun with a competitive spirit. I'm not going to take to doing a montage video with dubstep playing in the background just because I don't want to take the time to make something that annoying (imo those are annoying).

But I do understand your view on it. It was more of a "what I do" video because I'm going to upload all sorts of things from cheap comedy bits to serious frag videos, that's why I never go into the details. The best security is obscurity :3 and by that I mean I still don't know what I'm going to upload all the time lol. Thank you for your opinion though!
Ok yeah, I understand! It was just my opinion! You do you bro :D

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube

Channel Trailer video, main points just the essence of the video, does it fit in as a channel trailer?

Any other comments on the video in general is appreciated.
If im totally honest its way too long for a trailer, it also feels too broken up in parts to the point where i think its over then all of a sudden the next game pops up. I can see what your trying to acheive by showing what your channel covers but i think you can probably look at cutting it down and maybe just throw small highlights together in a 1 min video. Anywya i have not been long doing this so im obviously no expert, just my honest opinion. Hope it helps

imglitchypoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 28, 2016
YouTube
First question: is this an intro video or a channel trailer? If it's an intro... throw it away and start over, it's way to long to be an intro video. You want 10 to 20 seconds max on the Intro. If it's a channel trailer video, it's pretty decent but I would make one suggestion. Fix / adjust your commentary audio to your game audio.. It is nearly impossible to hear you. As a Youtuber, you are not just playing games, your main job is to make exciting commentary for your viewers. There are millions of other videos out there covering the same game/topic, so the only thing that we have that can set us apart is our commentary while playing the game. If we can't hear you or understand you, it's "Game Over" for you...LOL.

Second question: What EXACTLY are you requesting that we review about this video? Your post was extremely vague (and that's being generous) - You simply stated that you had a new channel intro (which is not true, what you have is a channel trailer) and then said "discussion - GO". We can give much more "pin-pointed" help if we knew what it was that you wanted us to help with. IE.. Does the video flow well? Do my graphics match my channel, does my mic echo, how are the sound levels, etc...

Please check out the rules for posting on this forum:

2. What you want reviewed
State exactly what you want in your video, channel, webpage etc. to be reviewed. Don't just post a video saying you want a review, do you want to know if your voice levels are ok? Do you want to know if your thumbnails are easily visible. Threads without clear instructions on what to review may be deleted!

Lol thanks for clearing it up, it is my channel trailer video I was confused because I didn't know there was a huge play on words (to me trailer and introduction were the same thing because either way it'd get the message across to someone not deep into the linguistics of the YouTube community) and I just wanted a simple feedback about whatever is on there.

imglitchypoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 28, 2016
YouTube
If im totally honest its way too long for a trailer, it also feels too broken up in parts to the point where i think its over then all of a sudden the next game pops up. I can see what your trying to acheive by showing what your channel covers but i think you can probably look at cutting it down and maybe just throw small highlights together in a 1 min video. Anywya i have not been long doing this so im obviously no expert, just my honest opinion. Hope it helps

yeah man thanks, like i said in my other reply to Christina, I don't even know what I'm going to upload so I just put on the trailer whatever felt right but thanks for the feedback!