OBS!

Louisse Subido

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 25, 2017
Philippines
YouTube
direklousubido
Hey I am new to game streaming and I recently used OBS studio, because its the top pick for streaming and game recording, however there is a little bit of a problem, it stops recording automatically around 15 minutes and my webcam lags and freezes, how to fix this please help me?

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I stopped using OBS not because it was a bad software just because I wouldn't use any of the additional features it has to offer, so instead I use Action! screen recorder. only because I like to record raw game footage and the occasional live commentary, it does have a live streaming feature but I never use it and if I did its basic and straight forward for beginners, with OBS you can add on additional features like borders, pop ups etc for your live streams and thats good but for just starting out Action! seems pretty good.

with your issue it might be with the Ram you got, maybe upgrade to more memory, I only have 8GB ram at 2100mhz and it does lag and freeze thats because obs uses a lot for what it is, so I would recommend upgrading to 16GB ram I do plan on upgrading to more ram myself but atm I can play games fine with no lag on high and ultra settings but more ram would be good to have for when I do rendering haha

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
Hey I am new to game streaming and I recently used OBS studio, because its the top pick for streaming and game recording, however there is a little bit of a problem, it stops recording automatically around 15 minutes and my webcam lags and freezes, how to fix this please help me?
Well, I found myself getting confused with the settings, so I stuck with Bandicam. So that's my personal preference.

iCrazyBlaze

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 9, 2017
YouTube
Sometimes what you need is simpler software, instead of messing around with all those advanced options. Try ShadowPlay if you can't fix the problem! (ShadowPlay is beautiful)

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
When it comes to streaming or recording, f you have a decent GPU you should use the software provided by either Nvidia or AMD (Shadowplay or Relive) as they tend to be the best options with the least amount of lag. The only downside is they tend to have less options for customisation.​