People abusing the DISLIKE button

Mr Wooff

Freedom! Member
Nov 7, 2014
YouTube
jamestron360
So yes this is a rant and I would love to hear your opinion

So let me start of with saying I like the dislike button, when it is used for giving the creator constructive critism but when it is used in my case. Were you school find out about your YouTube channel and deiced to dislike it on purpose because your the only one actually doing YouTube and they are just disliking it for the LOL's well in them cases its not that good. Dislikes don't make you feel good they just make you think all your hard work was for nothing. TBH at first, I though it was my content and I had to improve but when your being called "MrWooff" and being pushed around a good protion of the day, you slowly start to realise that they are just doing it to make you feel bad. However I have adapted to this and I do care of course, YouTube to me is really important to me but I have learn how to deal with it and that is to simply ignore it. That is were my problem is, If I Ignore them if there is someone who is acutally leaving constructive crititsm well I will not find out so I can't just ignore them. So I have to read all the messages and I'm not one of them people who deletes messeges because thier mean or bad for my video unless there really bad like attacking my viewers. So I have to adapt to being bullied? (Sorry I didn't want to use that word but it ended up that way). So currently I have to suck it all up and just deal with it. TBH I though it would of died down after 4 months but sadly it hasnt :( Anyway leave your opinions please I would like to see what you think about this :) Thanks you for reading

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
So yes this is a rant and I would love to hear your opinion

So let me start of with saying I like the dislike button, when it is used for giving the creator constructive critism but when it is used in my case. Were you school find out about your YouTube channel and deiced to dislike it on purpose because your the only one actually doing YouTube and they are just disliking it for the LOL's well in them cases its not that good. Dislikes don't make you feel good they just make you think all your hard work was for nothing. TBH at first, I though it was my content and I had to improve but when your being called "MrWooff" and being pushed around a good protion of the day, you slowly start to realise that they are just doing it to make you feel bad. However I have adapted to this and I do care of course, YouTube to me is really important to me but I have learn how to deal with it and that is to simply ignore it. That is were my problem is, If I Ignore them if there is someone who is acutally leaving constructive crititsm well I will not find out so I can't just ignore them. So I have to read all the messages and I'm not one of them people who deletes messeges because thier mean or bad for my video unless there really bad like attacking my viewers. So I have to adapt to being bullied? (Sorry I didn't want to use that word but it ended up that way). So currently I have to suck it all up and just deal with it. TBH I though it would of died down after 4 months but sadly it hasnt :( Anyway leave your opinions please I would like to see what you think about this :) Thanks you for reading
When it comes to dislikes, I personally don't mind them as much anymore. I stopped looking at the like/dislike bar, and it has helped me a ton! The meter isn't that significant early on for me. If I personally ask viewers to tell me if they like the content, I will take it a lot more seriously. Dislikes are just void of any emotion, and we can't figure out the reason people do it at times.

As for adapting to bullying, I suggest this to a lot of people. Getting hate isn't fun early on, and people can be persistent. Having a friend monitoring your comments will make your time on youtube easier if you're not liking bad comments. I'm glad that you have adapted so far, and you can work with anything they throw at you :p

I'm sorry that people IRL are mean at times, the world is kind of annoying in that regard. It's a good thing when you're famous though, you can just shrug those old bullies off :p

Mr Wooff

Freedom! Member
Nov 7, 2014
YouTube
jamestron360
When it comes to dislikes, I personally don't mind them as much anymore. I stopped looking at the like/dislike bar, and it has helped me a ton! The meter isn't that significant early on for me. If I personally ask viewers to tell me if they like the content, I will take it a lot more seriously. Dislikes are just void of any emotion, and we can't figure out the reason people do it at times.

As for adapting to bullying, I suggest this to a lot of people. Getting hate isn't fun early on, and people can be persistent. Having a friend monitoring your comments will make your time on youtube easier if you're not liking bad comments. I'm glad that you have adapted so far, and you can work with anything they throw at you :p

I'm sorry that people IRL are mean at times, the world is kind of annoying in that regard. It's a good thing when you're famous though, you can just shrug those old bullies off :p

Thats what I keep saying to myself xD thanks :)

InnocentMusik

Musician and amateur composer/producer
Freedom! Member
While youtube's system uses the dislikes and likes as one way to show interaction, it does get annoying when people continue to dislike without any reason. Perhaps they do have a reason and don't bother saying it, who knows. I complain about this a lot too internally and to friends. But I also feel like that likes and dislikes does give some sort of feedback until you realized that they didn't even bother to watch the full thing, maybe like 10-30 seconds if you're lucky? Then it's really useless.

It's one of those things that it can't be help in this line of "business". We just deal with it. As much as they can cry wolf, we can ignore it just as well. But that's just my opinion.

Mr Wooff

Freedom! Member
Nov 7, 2014
YouTube
jamestron360
While youtube's system uses the dislikes and likes as one way to show interaction, it does get annoying when people continue to dislike without any reason. Perhaps they do have a reason and don't bother saying it, who knows. I complain about this a lot too internally and to friends. But I also feel like that likes and dislikes does give some sort of feedback until you realized that they didn't even bother to watch the full thing, maybe like 10-30 seconds if you're lucky? Then it's really useless.

It's one of those things that it can't be help in this line of "business". We just deal with it. As much as they can cry wolf, we can ignore it just as well. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing and I agree, I used to react to them with reacting to haters videos and I replied to the comments not often and even tho I did get praise for it and they was shamed upon by a lot of people it just led to more **** so TBH there is not much you can do. I think they should make the likes and dislikes unanonymous because at least then you can actually know for sure if its people just being an arse to you. but good look :3

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
I know quite a few people don't like nor agree with my opinion but.. The Dislike button is simply an interaction. It increases your searchability on youtube and it shows that someone cares about what you've done enough to click it. Whether because they want true criticism or to be malicious.. You inspired someone in some way.

Also, Someone on the internet doesn't like you.. OH NOES..

But that's me.

Mr Wooff

Freedom! Member
Nov 7, 2014
YouTube
jamestron360
I know quite a few people don't like nor agree with my opinion but.. The Dislike button is simply an interaction. It increases your searchability on youtube and it shows that someone cares about what you've done enough to click it. Whether because they want true criticism or to be malicious.. You inspired someone in some way.

But that's me.

Thats a wierd way of going with it but I like it

Mr Wooff

Freedom! Member
Nov 7, 2014
YouTube
jamestron360

But that's me.

its a wierd way of going around that subject but I really like it :)

Kevin Budiman

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2016
Indonesia
www.facebook.com
YouTube
I really mind them at first and its making it depressed coming from my country itself
i dont get much help from my irl friend and 1 of them im sure usign multipel account to dislikes my videos
but after i though about it..it doesnt really matter anymore hahaha

jd22292

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2016
Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
YouTube
It gets worse if you know someone uses a bot to send a bunch of dislikes at once. It happened to me once, though I managed to recover with the help of someone I work with.

Today, however, is different from June/July 2015: my latest video stands at a 3:3 ratio, and I've had to hide the ratings mainly hoping that no one would come to the video just to leave a dislike to see the number grow.

Even then, the bar isn't a factor of my own improvement; I just use my own motivation, and at times, even my own determination (props to anyone who gets the reference) to drive my content forward.

Yeah, I could care less about the dislikes so long as respectable and loyal followers and new watchers care so much about the content I put out for them regularly, even if it means announcing on Twitter if I'll have to miss a day.

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Dislikes help your videos get ranked higher in the search bar which leads to more views and sometimes more subscribers because it's considered interaction, whenever I see a dislike I get happy knowing that my video is going to get seen by more people so you could twist the dislike button to an engagement button in your eyes which will help you get through it

WombaTube

Rising User
Mar 31, 2016
Germany
YouTube
Yup, i learned as well that the negative votes don't really have a negative impact.
That was, for me, the biggest part of.. not wanting to post Links on Reddit, as you most likely draw attention from the "Dislikers".
Haters or Trolls seems to invest more time to "interact" with a video than supporters, mostly.
Not mentioning the core-supporters.

If you post a link you can gain a lot of views but most likely, be prepared for dislikes, if you don't have the "most-innovative-content-ever". :)