Review4Review Please review my latest Video!

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
Hey guys!

It's been a while since I last posted on here, life commitments etc... have gotten in the way and made things a little difficult keep up with everything Freedom!.

So I was hoping to get a review or a... well, REVIEW that I made for the PC version of Dead Rising 4.

It's the first of many I hope to do, and the style that I've gone for hopefully makes it slightly different to most review videos you see out there these days!

If you enjoyed it then I'd really appreciate any support, subscribes, or any comments (bad or good) that you guys may have.

It does have got some naughty words in small parts where I get kinda 'passionate' about what i'm talking about, but if you don't mind that then awesome! ^_^

Anyways, enjoy and let me know what you guys think!

P.S. Happy to check out anyone else's channels if peeps want to have some feedback, so leave any links in a reply for me to check out when I can!

Reactions: Scalperhero

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
the commentary is really good i like how you keep talking it feels like you know what your gonna say and when your gonna say it, if this was on the fly then i have to say this is amazing i do have one problem tho if you listen carfuly because your audio is so loud it statics a bit its faint but its there and thats kind of annoying me but none the less its a great video all in all your nice and loud i can understand every word your saying and you didn't go into this video half informed or with half a loaded gun if that makes sense, and you went into this video with a lot of energy witch is fantastic so yeah man great video nicely done, but after recording your audio try and chop out the static of your voice its only because your really loud that its happening maybe turn your mics boost down int he hardware and sound in control pannel sometimes that helps to lower the boost and the static goes away

i also wouldn't mind your feedback on my channel if you could mate
https://www.youtube.com/user/ScalperHero

Reactions: SteveOfWarr

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
the commentary is really good i like how you keep talking it feels like you know what your gonna say and when your gonna say it, if this was on the fly then i have to say this is amazing i do have one problem tho if you listen carfuly because your audio is so loud it statics a bit its faint but its there and thats kind of annoying me but none the less its a great video all in all your nice and loud i can understand every word your saying and you didn't go into this video half informed or with half a loaded gun if that makes sense, and you went into this video with a lot of energy witch is fantastic so yeah man great video nicely done, but after recording your audio try and chop out the static of your voice its only because your really loud that its happening maybe turn your mics boost down int he hardware and sound in control pannel sometimes that helps to lower the boost and the static goes away

i also wouldn't mind your feedback on my channel if you could mate
https://www.youtube.com/user/ScalperHero

Thanks for the feedback mate :)

Yeah i know what you mean about the static, not quite sure that happened to cause it to happen, though I did try and run it through some filters before rendering and though i'd fixed it but hey-ho. :)

Reactions: Scalperhero

TheMLGenies

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2016
YouTube
TheMLGenies
I can tell you put a lot of time into the script of this video and everything surrounding it. The script is great so no need to worry about that. My main issue is with the length. You intended to do a Dead Rising 4 review but for the first few minutes are talking about the previous games entirely. Things like this lead you to go off the rails a little bit rather than focusing in on the review to make it as clear and concise as possible. In the future I would recommend figuring out your main points and sticking to them rather than drifting off to limit your video time.
How's my channel?

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
I can tell you put a lot of time into the script of this video and everything surrounding it. The script is great so no need to worry about that. My main issue is with the length. You intended to do a Dead Rising 4 review but for the first few minutes are talking about the previous games entirely. Things like this lead you to go off the rails a little bit rather than focusing in on the review to make it as clear and concise as possible. In the future I would recommend figuring out your main points and sticking to them rather than drifting off to limit your video time.
How's my channel?
You have a very good point, I guess why I trailed off about DR1 at the beginning was to help with my points about how different from the series DNA DR4 is in comparison.

I'm working on a Resident Evil 7 one, I'll be aiming for just over 10 mins this time :)

Happy to check out your channel!

You got a particular video you wanna showcase?

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
Oh sorry man my bad,

Sorry for the late reply!

I like your video, you all seem to have some good banter between you and you all come off as really enjoying what you're playing.

Also i like the fact you've animated your into which shows you've taken the time to put in the extra effort to help your video be unique, even though I feel that I'm missing something on the spewing joke lol (maybe a Family Guy reference?)

My only criticisms would be the length of the video felt a little too long and could've done with trimming down a little. some fast paced jump edits to would go a long way to helping with the video's pacing.
Also it might be worth visiting epidemicsound.com and using your sweet sweet Freedom! perks to pop in some appropriate royalty free BG music to go over your gameplay, it'l help make videos feel slightly less 'empty' (if that makes sense) :)

I've dropped a sub to help you out, and just to let you know I've acted on your comments for my latest review, so thanks again for the advice!

Reactions: TheMLGenies

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey guys!

It's been a while since I last posted on here, life commitments etc... have gotten in the way and made things a little difficult keep up with everything Freedom!.

So I was hoping to get a review or a... well, REVIEW that I made for the PC version of Dead Rising 4.

It's the first of many I hope to do, and the style that I've gone for hopefully makes it slightly different to most review videos you see out there these days!

If you enjoyed it then I'd really appreciate any support, subscribes, or any comments (bad or good) that you guys may have.

It does have got some naughty words in small parts where I get kinda 'passionate' about what i'm talking about, but if you don't mind that then awesome! ^_^

Anyways, enjoy and let me know what you guys think!

P.S. Happy to check out anyone else's channels if peeps want to have some feedback, so leave any links in a reply for me to check out when I can!
Overall a pretty good review, love the jokes you make in between and the commentary is good to listen too. The fact you begin with Dead Rising 1 for some background info is good for those who are not known with the series :)

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
Overall a pretty good review, love the jokes you make in between and the commentary is good to listen too. The fact you begin with Dead Rising 1 for some background info is good for those who are not known with the series :)
Thank you so much! :)
A lot of people have said the DR1 section was a little long, but you're the first to actually get why I did it lol

I'd love to check out your content to bud! Got a favourite video for me to check out? :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Thank you so much! :)
A lot of people have said the DR1 section was a little long, but you're the first to actually get why I did it lol

I'd love to check out your content to bud! Got a favourite video for me to check out? :)
In my opinion it adds to the story involved around the game wich is a positive thing. Regarding my own channel i only make Gameplay from mainly FFXIV and my favorites are mostly the Extreme Trials :)

BluEdge Chekpoint

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Your sound like a familiar YouTuber but I can't put my finger on it. I want to say someone from Happy Hour. But any who:

Pros:
Your video is definitely detailed and explained very well. It sounds like your passionate about this review and you have done your research on Dead Rising. I also agree that Capcom did take the challenge out of Dead Rising since 3 I think. I haven't really played 3 or 4 yet but have only seen. I love the witty comments and jokes. Keeps the audience intrigued and laugh a bit while enjoying the review. Also you make some great arguments as well that can really stir up some commotion between the past and the present DR. I think you need a sin counter (Cinema Sins) to count all the bad things with in DR.

Cons:
I will say this, for a review video it is pretty long. Even though you have a lot to say about the game I will say that some people attention span doesnt last that long unless you keep them constantly entertain, and that's being honest. I would say the max time should be 12 minutes. Also I got a little confuse when you were doing a review on DR1 which I thought you were suppose to do a review on DR4. But you were just comparing and contrasting between the two, which I got. Im a bit slow sometimes. And I would just throw in a hint and say talk about the main game first then go into your compare and contrast spill. So that way slow people like me dont get confused and click away from your video.

Overall nice review Im going to watch a bit more of your videos on my personal YouTube account "GhostDre".

And I would be happy if you can review this video for us

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
Your sound like a familiar YouTuber but I can't put my finger on it. I want to say someone from Happy Hour. But any who:

Pros:
Your video is definitely detailed and explained very well. It sounds like your passionate about this review and you have done your research on Dead Rising. I also agree that Capcom did take the challenge out of Dead Rising since 3 I think. I haven't really played 3 or 4 yet but have only seen. I love the witty comments and jokes. Keeps the audience intrigued and laugh a bit while enjoying the review. Also you make some great arguments as well that can really stir up some commotion between the past and the present DR. I think you need a sin counter (Cinema Sins) to count all the bad things with in DR.

Cons:
I will say this, for a review video it is pretty long. Even though you have a lot to say about the game I will say that some people attention span doesnt last that long unless you keep them constantly entertain, and that's being honest. I would say the max time should be 12 minutes. Also I got a little confuse when you were doing a review on DR1 which I thought you were suppose to do a review on DR4. But you were just comparing and contrasting between the two, which I got. Im a bit slow sometimes. And I would just throw in a hint and say talk about the main game first then go into your compare and contrast spill. So that way slow people like me dont get confused and click away from your video.

Overall nice review Im going to watch a bit more of your videos on my personal YouTube account "GhostDre".

And I would be happy if you can review this video for us

I'd love to have been someone from Happy Hour, sadly the truth is not as exciting as the fiction lol -_^

Thank you for your review and your feedback, and i'd me more than happy to check your video out as well!

I totally get your criticisms about the length of it, even I thought that it was a touch too long after I uploaded it (it just pissed me off that much i guess) so my latest review for Resident Evil 7 was a lot shorter and more focused. I feel I've nailed the pacing in that video so if you'd be interested you check that one out as well if you have the time, i'd like to hear your thoughts on that one as well. :)

I'll post my review once I've had a chance to take a look at it properly :)

Reactions: BluEdge Chekpoint

BluEdge Chekpoint

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I'd love to have been someone from Happy Hour, sadly the truth is not as exciting as the fiction lol -_^

Thank you for your review and your feedback, and i'd me more than happy to check your video out as well!

I totally get your criticisms about the length of it, even I thought that it was a touch too long after I uploaded it (it just pissed me off that much i guess) so my latest review for Resident Evil 7 was a lot shorter and more focused. I feel I've nailed the pacing in that video so if you'd be interested you check that one out as well if you have the time, i'd like to hear your thoughts on that one as well. :)

I'll post my review once I've had a chance to take a look at it properly :)

Sure looking through it now... Might I say awesome intro and start of the video as well.

Wow you went from 20 to 8 minutes good lord lol. But I left a like, a comment, and subscribe. Your reviews are so professionally well done 10/10. You deserve way more subscribers and views then you have now. You pretty much hit all key points of the game without spoiling the game as well. And not only that you also explain the specs you will need in order to run the game on PC or enjoy the visual of it. Nice work.

You deserve a lot more in my eyes. Very well done video.

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
Sure looking through it now... Might I say awesome intro and start of the video as well.

Wow you went from 20 to 8 minutes good lord lol. But I left a like, a comment, and subscribe. Your reviews are so professionally well done 10/10. You deserve way more subscribers and views then you have now. You pretty much hit all key points of the game without spoiling the game as well. And not only that you also explain the specs you will need in order to run the game on PC or enjoy the visual of it. Nice work.

You deserve a lot more in my eyes. Very well done video.
Thank you very much!
Honestly so grateful for your feedback ^_^

I've just gone home from work and checked out your Gang Beasts video above.
You guys are pretty funny in this video, I liked the back and forth between you guys, and the jokes you put in were pretty darn funny!

The big thing I will say is that the audio for your voices all had a weird echo effect to it that was really distracting at some parts, which is a shame because you all said some pretty funny ****, but it got a little lost :(

What sort of mic do you use?

Do you run it through any audio editing software afterwards like Audacity?

Aside from that I feel that maybe this episode could've been better as a 2 part'er as the length of the video I felt was a touch too long. Maybe trim down some of the empty parts with some fast edits to help make it all flow much nicer :)

All in all I enjoyed watching it, so I've dropped a sub and a like to help you out.

Hope this feedback was useful!

BluEdge Chekpoint

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Thank you very much!
Honestly so grateful for your feedback ^_^

I've just gone home from work and checked out your Gang Beasts video above.
You guys are pretty funny in this video, I liked the back and forth between you guys, and the jokes you put in were pretty darn funny!

The big thing I will say is that the audio for your voices all had a weird echo effect to it that was really distracting at some parts, which is a shame because you all said some pretty funny ****, but it got a little lost :(

What sort of mic do you use?

Do you run it through any audio editing software afterwards like Audacity?

Aside from that I feel that maybe this episode could've been better as a 2 part'er as the length of the video I felt was a touch too long. Maybe trim down some of the empty parts with some fast edits to help make it all flow much nicer :)

All in all I enjoyed watching it, so I've dropped a sub and a like to help you out.

Hope this feedback was useful!

Yea our audio has been giving us trouble from the get go. We have 3 Blue Yeti Pro mics and we are using Audacity as well. The thing is, is that the 3 yetis are all on one computer by using a software called VAC. This enables us to use 3 mics at once. Also we are all in the same location so I was wondering if A. The mics are to close to each other or B. Everyone need to have the mic directly to their mouths. By the way do you know or had any experience taking out echos in audacity? Im not sure yet and its taking a while to get it down packed. But Im glad you enjoyed whatcha can. It means a lot. Also we could trim the video down a bit. Like you said empty parts can be taken out so we will work on that. And thanks for the support we appreciate you a lot and keep up the reviews. I will be definitely looking forward to them.

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
Ah that makes sense, it's likely the echo is caused by the mics feeding back of each other, unfortunately it's pretty much impossible to edit out.

a) Yes that could be the case, how close are all of you when you record?
Do you guys record in the same room or separately?

b) Blue Yeti mics are really good mics, that don't require being right in front of your mouth in order to record good audio.
My setup for my mic is normally a small distance away from my mouth, with the front of the Yeti pointed towards me and angled up.

c) In my experience group recording can easily be done with just 1 mic and it'll pick up everyone really well, so maybe if you guys are all sat on the same couch when you record, just stick with the 1 mic, run a test record and see how it sounds.

Remember the B.Yeti has different recording modes that are selectable from the back under the gain dial, so be sure to pick the right one for your setup!

Hope this helps, and if you ever need any advice with audio or anything, send me a message and i'd be more than happy to help in any way I can :)

BluEdge Chekpoint

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Thank you for the suggestions and will take your help anytime. I'm ready to be done with this audio situation. 100 vidoes in and most of them have that echo in the background. I want our videos to sound clear like yours lol. But we are all in the same room. The mics are at least 2 maybe 3 feet split away from each other. And now I have them close to the mic. Now I was thinking about using one mic but since its usually 4 - 6 of us in a video I didnt know how well the audio would sound. But I will run some test possibly this weekend to see how it sounds with 1 mic and so forth. Question, does the pop filters matter about catching echos? I use to have the Dragonpad filters, that were silky, placed in front of the mic. But now I have the Atian metal mesh filter placed in front (like some of the professional youtubers have). Do you think that can cancel out echos as well?

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
Pop filters are great for getting rid of sibilance ('s' sounds, vocal hiss, lip smacks etc...) but in terms of echo it wouldn't do a thing.
That's why a lot of people like Markiplier have foam on their walls or record in booths, it's because of the sound bouncing off walls and other objects causing it, and that dampens it to provide a clearer sound.

Definitely try it with one mic and test to see how it sounds after recording, if you position it well it'll still sound good :)