Problem with FPS in GTA 5!?

Feb 3, 2016
Hey Guys,
I get 60 fps (VERY RARELY) all the way to 35(Common) to the 20s (occasionally). I meet all the minimum requirements and every recommended requirement except the processor. Can somebody help me please???

PC SPECS
Amd Athlon X4 860K

MSI (Not EVGA) GeForce GTX 960 4G

8 GB of Ram

Thanks​

Vers

Jan 30, 2016
You probably have a 60hz monitor and VSync on.
VSync = 1 frame below your refresh rate and your fps goes in half

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
You probably have a 60hz monitor and VSync on.
VSync = 1 frame below your refresh rate and your fps goes in half

this is misinformation. refresh rate of your monitor or verticle sync has nothing to do with how many frames per second you get while gaming.

with the processor and GPU you have, your numbers seem corrent. unfortunately the 960, while being a great price for its performance, is not that powerful of a card. i recommend turning down your resolution to something like 1600x900 in order to improve frame rate. also make sure to disable draw distances and anti-ailising as these will have the biggest impact on performance once youve lowered the resolution.

Vers

Jan 30, 2016
this is misinformation. refresh rate of your monitor or verticle sync has nothing to do with how many frames per second you get while gaming.

with the processor and GPU you have, your numbers seem corrent. unfortunately the 960, while being a great price for its performance, is not that powerful of a card. i recommend turning down your resolution to something like 1600x900 in order to improve frame rate. also make sure to disable draw distances and anti-ailising as these will have the biggest impact on performance once youve lowered the resolution.
How is that misinformation? He never said whether he had VSync on or off, and since it's maxing at 60fps I'm assuming that it's on.

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
How is that misinformation? He never said whether he had VSync on or off, and since it's maxing at 60fps I'm assuming that it's on.

he did not say he was maxing out on FPS he said he would hit 60 rarely and seems to be averaging 30fps on his current settings. he needs a better graphics card.