Quit Youtube

MultiSpiderFish

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 9, 2014
YouTube
Hey i have no idea where i should put this in but i put it here im thinking of to quit doing youtube videos soon. i have almost done that for 5 years no and getting no feedback at all on them and it starts to be boring when i dont get anyone that can tell me what i can improve or so :(

(Sry for bad english)

Jonesie

New User
Nov 20, 2016
YouTube
Bro, don't quit YouTube just yet, you worked hard to get those subs! What you should do, however, is spice up your content a bit... Try a vlog or doing a lets play of a different game! Obviously, gaining subs takes time, but if you feel you need subs faster, just ask for subs at the beginning of your videos, tell them that they can access private videos (stuff non-subscribers can't see) once they are subscribed, and maybe do a giveaway to gain active subs! Just some tips though, hope I helped!

MultiSpiderFish

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 9, 2014
YouTube
Bro, don't quit YouTube just yet, you worked hard to get those subs! What you should do, however, is spice up your content a bit... Try a vlog or doing a lets play of a different game! Obviously, gaining subs takes time, but if you feel you need subs faster, just ask for subs at the beginning of your videos, tell them that they can access private videos (stuff non-subscribers can't see) once they are subscribed, and maybe do a giveaway to gain active subs! Just some tips though, hope I helped!
i did lets play back in the days and noone watch me back then either

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hey i have no idea where i should put this in but i put it here im thinking of to quit doing youtube videos soon. i have almost done that for 5 years no and getting no feedback at all on them and it starts to be boring when i dont get anyone that can tell me what i can improve or so :(

(Sry for bad english)
Don't quit just because your not getting feedback, you have worked so hard for five years to get where you are and I wouldn't want to see you throw it away. You could, if you wanted to, post a thread on the community review section of the forums - as most users are more than happy to provide opinions regarding channels. Or I don't know if its something you would consider doing but you could always ask your viewers directly in a video and make it like a competition - whoever can provide some feedback would be randomly chosen for a gift card or something like that

MultiSpiderFish

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 9, 2014
YouTube
Don't quit just because your not getting feedback, you have worked so hard for five years to get where you are and I wouldn't want to see you throw it away. You could, if you wanted to, post a thread on the community review section of the forums - as most users are more than happy to provide opinions regarding channels. Or I don't know if its something you would consider doing but you could always ask your viewers directly in a video and make it like a competition - whoever can provide some feedback would be randomly chosen for a gift card or something like that
i have tried to get feedback from here but that was no help and do like a giveaway is just a bad way to get viewes if you ask me then they are just looking at you for the giveaways

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
I can't speak for you man, but if you are a gaming channel, then its hard to get yourself out there, 5 years is a lot of work, and you should feel encouraged about that.

YouTube is NOT A JOB which you should DO, its a hobby.. You are misunderstanding A JOB between A HOBBY.

MultiSpiderFish

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 9, 2014
YouTube
I can't speak for you man, but if you are a gaming channel, then its hard to get yourself out there, 5 years is a lot of work, and you should feel encouraged about that.

YouTube is NOT A JOB which you should DO, its a hobby.. You are misunderstanding A JOB between A HOBBY.
i do know what a job and a hobby is but it will be more fun if there is people that can give you feedback on that you do so you can improve things

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
i do know what a job and a hobby is but it will be more fun if there is people that can give you feedback on that you do so you can improve things

I don't get feedback? And I don't even care.. Oh wait, you're not in my shoes, maybe that is why xD

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube

I agree with this. You'll probably want to spruce up your content a bit, make it more exciting. I can't think of many people that want to sit and watch someone else play a game, and with that in mind, I always ask myself when making a video: How do I make watching this game fun and exciting for my viewers? How do I entertain them and keep their interest? So far this creation method has worked for me; I usually get at least a couple comments on my video. This is just my opinion, but I've realized most viewers have an extremely short attention span, so you have to grab their attention from the start of each video and hold their attention throughout it.

Good luck!

MultiSpiderFish

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 9, 2014
YouTube
I agree with this. You'll probably want to spruce up your content a bit, make it more exciting. I can't think of many people that want to sit and watch someone else play a game, and with that in mind, I always ask myself when making a video: How do I make watching this game fun and exciting for my viewers? How do I entertain them and keep their interest? So far this creation method has worked for me; I usually get at least a couple comments on my video. This is just my opinion, but I've realized most viewers have an extremely short attention span, so you have to grab their attention from the start of each video and hold their attention throughout it.

Good luck!
yeah i know about that but its hard to be fun on moba games and when you play alone and yes i have tried to find other people to play with but noone wants that

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
yeah i know about that but its hard to be fun on moba games and when you play alone and yes i have tried to find other people to play with but noone wants that

Well maybe don't play and record only moba games?

Also, you can't allow yourself put down by something as little, small YouTubers don't get much interaction out of their subscribers or viewers, so if you can't be patient, then farewell quit YouTube, but YouTube is not a job you need to take lightly or highly. Cos it is just a hobby which 99% of the world is now doing, so if you want interaction, then you need to be interactive.

Last edited:

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

(Sry for bad english)
I can understand how you feel as i do youtube for almost 4 years now and experience the same, BUT! That doesn't mean you have to give up on your dream. If you enjoy making the video's then i would certainly press on. Youtube is a tough road but as long as your dedicated you will gain growth and eventually you will gain that interaction you long for :)

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube

I'm sure there is a way to entertain your audience while playing moba games, dude. I play alone as well, even multiplayer games and don't interact with anyone else (other than any characters within the game lol) other than myself. Be creative and I'm sure you can find away to make them exciting.

Danlucastaylor

New User
Dec 9, 2016
YouTube
DannyVanDamm

(Sry for bad english)
The reason we do youtube is to have fun dude! i'd Recommend bringing some more energy to your videos as they seem a little monotone at the minute, dont worry about the sub count if you enjoy what your posting the subs will come:)