Quitting YouTube

WesleyTheSkater

Freedom! Member
Mar 18, 2015
YouTube
Honestly, I found myself looking at YouTube the wrong way. I started out uploading Minecraft videos just for fun and then Minecraft got boring. I then got into this new game called CS:GO. I was really enjoying myself then all the **** came with the game and it gradually just got boring and I haven't been having as much fun as I use to with it. I'm really into IRL videos and creating vlogs but I've never really created videos like that because one I'm in school and when I get home there's nothing fun. I find myself just watching videos and once in a while create cool cinematic sequences and dying out from Youtube. I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to do yet but for now I'm taking a break from YouTube and maybe posting every once in a while but for now, idk.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
A lot of people go into YouTube imagining quick success doing what they want to be doing in the video industry. Honestly, I think there are thousands of partners within this network that need to take a step back like you have. Just so they would be able to look at where they sit on YouTube and think, "Where am I, how does what I do equate to success and personal fulfillment?"

Recently, there was a partner in the Milestones section making a thread and celebrating with apparent excitement each individual subscriber he got on his channel. While it's alright to be enthusiastic, its not so to be negligent to the scale that is YouTube.

geauxburns

Rising User
Apr 3, 2016
USA
YouTube
Your channel should reflect what your passionate about; if you're wanting to get into IRL and vlogs go for it. At the very least, you can continue uploading vids of games you love playing as well as IRL/vlogs; it's your channel, make it the way you want it to be.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Honestly, I found myself looking at YouTube the wrong way. I started out uploading Minecraft videos just for fun and then Minecraft got boring. I then got into this new game called CS:GO. I was really enjoying myself then all the **** came with the game and it gradually just got boring and I haven't been having as much fun as I use to with it. I'm really into IRL videos and creating vlogs but I've never really created videos like that because one I'm in school and when I get home there's nothing fun. I find myself just watching videos and once in a while create cool cinematic sequences and dying out from Youtube. I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to do yet but for now I'm taking a break from YouTube and maybe posting every once in a while but for now, idk.
It's okay to take breaks. Changing your games can spark your interest easier. I understand getting bored for some games, it's easier when you have an interactive audience to work with.

Shadow6

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 3, 2014
Western Australia
YouTube
Im still on YT but im also on a long break from it aswell.. meaning i still have a presence there but at this point in time im no longer uploading any new content.
I guess personal things IRL have taken priority over making content.

Alot of de-motivation too.
It happens.. you really gotta be in the mood for it and be willing to put in the huge effort it takes to make quality content.

So yeh moral to my story..

Its ok to have breaks from YT.
Yes sadly ive lost subscribers but not that many compared the the loyal ones that have stuck by me :)

So all is good

Reactions: WesleyTheSkater

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
I am kind of also on break from making videos.
Have not made a video on my main channel for around a month now.

But this is not because i stop or anything. But i have no inspiration for videos on it.
However i work with a channel for my Company aswell, So there i am making a few videos since that reflect my work on my projects.

Reactions: WesleyTheSkater