Red meats cause cancer

le.king

Respected User
Aug 17, 2014
YouTube
le_kingyt
Recent research shows that red meats such as bacon, sausages, steaks, pork etc. Actually can cause cancer and is said to be as bad as tobacco. What do you think of this?

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Recent research shows that red meats such as bacon, sausages, steaks, pork etc. Actually can cause cancer and is said to be as bad as tobacco. What do you think of this?
I'm not surprised at the this 'news' as these conclusions are not really anything new, people are just finally starting to take these studies seriously. There have been dozens of studies supporting these conclusions over the past couple of decades. The China study is a good example for not only cancer rates in people who eat more plant-based diets, but for other chronic illnesses as well. This also affects lifespan averages as a result.

The less meat people consume, the better it is for not only their health, but for the animals (of course) and the human environmental footprint on our planet.

le.king

Respected User
Aug 17, 2014
YouTube
le_kingyt
yeah i totally agree, the cancer rates are now 1/3 will be diagnosed with cancer.[DOUBLEPOST=1447108029][/DOUBLEPOST]yeah i totally agree, the cancer rates are now 1/3 will be diagnosed with cancer.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I say bollocks to that.

It's not true. Saying it's as bad as tobacco is just a headliner they used to catch peoples attention. If you actually look at the research, that is no where near the case.
Also .. I got news for you .. the sun causes cancer too. Crap .. just about anything and everything can cause cancer.

I'm not surprised at the this 'news' as these conclusions are not really anything new, people are just finally starting to take these studies seriously.

I really wish people wouldn't, because it's not like meat is the actual "cause" of cancer. Technically speaking the cause has to do with an error with a persons cells. Certain things just happen to increase the chances of it happening. The sad part is ... so much crap raises the chances that everyone is starting to become scared of everything. To me .. it's pretty stupid. Just because you stop eating red meat, doesn't make you safe from cancer. Just because you eat red meat doesn't mean you will get cancer.

The China study is a good example for not only cancer rates in people who eat more plant-based diets, but for other chronic illnesses as well. This also affects lifespan averages as a result.

Eating meat, or being on a plant based diet actually has little health differences overall. You do tend to see healthier vegans and vegetarians but that is actually more to do with that those on that kind of diet pay more attention to their overall health to begin with. Thus they tend to exercise more, and have healthier habits. So they also tend to live longer.

However, that doesn't mean a person who eats meat can't be just as healthy or even more healthy. Also, those on a plant based diet need to take supplements other wise they could end up becoming deficient in certain nutrients, such as B12. Without those supplements it would actually be less healthy to be on a plant based diet.

The less meat people consume, the better it is for not only their health, but for the animals (of course) and the human environmental footprint on our planet.

Actually you could eat meat and still achieve all those things. Growing meat in labs for example.

I personally believe trying to get humans to eat less meat is a losing battle. It's not ever going to get anywhere because people simply enjoy eating meat.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I say bollocks to that.

It's not true. Saying it's as bad as tobacco is just a headliner they used to catch peoples attention. If you actually look at the research, that is no where near the case.
Also .. I got news for you .. the sun causes cancer too. Crap .. just about anything and everything can cause cancer.

I really wish people wouldn't, because it's not like meat is the actual "cause" of cancer. Technically speaking the cause has to do with an error with a persons cells. Certain things just happen to increase the chances of it happening. The sad part is ... so much crap raises the chances that everyone is starting to become scared of everything. To me .. it's pretty stupid. Just because you stop eating red meat, doesn't make you safe from cancer. Just because you eat red meat doesn't mean you will get cancer.

Eating meat, or being on a plant based diet actually has little health differences overall. You do tend to see healthier vegans and vegetarians but that is actually more to do with that those on that kind of diet pay more attention to their overall health to begin with. Thus they tend to exercise more, and have healthier habits. So they also tend to live longer.

However, that doesn't mean a person who eats meat can't be just as healthy or even more healthy. Also, those on a plant based diet need to take supplements other wise they could end up becoming deficient in certain nutrients, such as B12. Without those supplements it would actually be less healthy to be on a plant based diet.

Actually you could eat meat and still achieve all those things. Growing meat in labs for example.

I personally believe trying to get humans to eat less meat is a losing battle. It's not ever going to get anywhere because people simply enjoy eating meat.
How very defeatist of you. Yes, let's not try at all. Seems best. F*ck trying to create a better world to live in.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
How very defeatist of you. Yes, let's not try at all. Seems best. F*ck trying to create a better world to live in.
Just because I am not trying what you think is best doesn't mean I am not willing to try something else that I think is better. I also not once said we shouldn't try at all. By all means try till your hearts content.

Getting more people to go on a plant based diet, is doable. Expecting the amount to be massive to the point that it actually makes a difference, is simply unrealistic and delusional. All you have to do is look at the numbers and you will find just about any other solution is better.

So please ... tell me again how my want for a different solution is the same as not trying at all. >.>

Last edited:

le.king

Respected User
Aug 17, 2014
YouTube
le_kingyt
yeah i know guys i'm not saying the research is right or agreeing with it. I actually agree with all of you, my aim was just to let people know what has been happening in the news. Sorry for that.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
yeah i know guys i'm not saying the research is right or agreeing with it. I actually agree with all of you, my aim was just to let people know what has been happening in the news. Sorry for that.

Well, I don't think there is anything wrong with the research. I think it's clear it increases your chances of cancer, but my point is just about anything does. The issue is articles making it out to be as if it's like smoking tobacco when it's simply not. That is misleading and untrue.

Minoumimi

Founder Of GameByteTV Network
Freedom! Member
Oct 15, 2014
Canada
www.gamebytetv.com
YouTube
networkgbtv
a research shows that simply eating is bad for us
Working our digestive system so hard is very bad, no matter how Bio you could be
We were not meant to be eating sushi and pizza with poptarts with a little cake on the sides
Ive know people live to be 90+ while smoking 2 packs a day eating hamburgers and chips
Yet ive know a very healthy man who didnt smoke and dieted, die from cancer at the age of 45 in less then 3 months
Life is... so short you have to enjoy it
If a little meat helps then so be it, those vegans can continu eating my Grass
Because life is so unpredictable.. u can waste 50 years of your life trying to be in the best health possible..
then get crushed by a bus on a sunday morning in front of a church.. that sounds so brutal xD but ya you get the idea
Anything is fine with moderation, and Anything can be bad without it.
Even drinking too much water could be bad for you
And ya you don't have to apologize for simply stating something =3
Not like you tried to steal my steak =3

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
Name me anything in the world and I will find a study that says it causes cancer. I will also find a study to say it prevents it.

Everything changes us in one way or another. The news is there to focus on the negatives. Red meat will increase your chance to get some kinds of cancer, but it also reduces the chance of getting other kinds. The news doesn't care about the other kinds because good news doesn't generate any hype / money.

Reactions: EpicSilver

blakeblood9

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2015
YouTube
but now days everything causes cancer. It isnt about having happy customers anymore. It seems people just try to make the cheapest products to make the most money. It just seems most people could careless if you're eating pesticides on your apples. aslong as they make money.......

Reactions: le.king

le.king

Respected User
Aug 17, 2014
YouTube
le_kingyt
but now days everything causes cancer. It isnt about having happy customers anymore. It seems people just try to make the cheapest products to make the most money. It just seems most people could careless if you're eating pesticides on your apples. aslong as they make money.......
Yeah man literally everything is about money now a days, it is so silly.