RED ToS....?

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I heard if you had not yet accepted it, that it would appear in your youtube dashboard. If it's not there, then you probably already accepted it without knowing at some point.

AverageRageGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2015
YouTube

AverageRageGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2015
YouTube
As far as I am aware, you don't need to accept the YouTube Red terms, if you're in an MCN. This is because the MCN, in this case Freedom!, has the choice of whether to mass opt in, or mass opt out.

That helps. But I would still like to read them. With people being able to Download videos, it pretty much means that our videos are no longer ours.

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
That helps. But I would still like to read them. With people being able to Download videos, it pretty much means that our videos are no longer ours.
that thing i dont like. them download video from my art channel is not ok. they can share the video, but not download it. than you got video with music, internet got rule downloading music video. now youtube say that is ok?

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I wouldn't be too concerned about them downloading videos, since well ... downloading youtube videos isn't really anything new. Now you can just legitimately do it.

In other words, if your worried people will steal your work, don't be ... they would have already done it if they where going to regardless of youtube red.

Reactions: akirby80 and Bee

AverageRageGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2015
YouTube
that thing i dont like. them download video from my art channel is not ok. they can share the video, but not download it. than you got video with music, internet got rule downloading music video. now youtube say that is ok?

Never thought of that.
I wouldn't be too concerned about them downloading videos, since well ... downloading youtube videos isn't really anything new. Now you can just legitimately do it.

In other words, if your worried people will steal your work, don't be ... they would have already done it if they where going to regardless of youtube red.

I am not worried, I actually think it's actually an awesome idea.

McGahan

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2013
YouTube
McGahan96
Regarding downloading videos -

This is one of the questions that I asked YouTube directly, which was: "If someone downloads a video, what's stopping them from re-uploading that video on their channel?"

Their reply was simply (paraphrased) :

You can only download videos on mobile, and when you do download a video it's cached in the YouTube app and not actually "saved" in the phone (like a video they shot).

So basically, if someone downloads your video, there is no chance that they will be able to just re-upload/steal your content. It's exactly like downloading music on Spotify so that it's "available offline." You can only access it through the app directly.

Hopefully this clears up some stuff about that :)

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask!