Request Reivew my channel?

iDuskk

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 9, 2016
YouTube
Hey everybody, I've been trying to work at my youtube channel lately and I would like some of the more experienced youtubers out there to maybe take a look at my channel. Mainly just the presentation and look of the channel. Like if you were a viewer and you stumbled into my channel, would you subscribe?

Thumbnails are something I've been working on, I've been using gimp to make them. I think the newer ones are looking pretty decent, but would like feedback on that as well.

Basically any feedback that can make my channel look more professional, and make more people want to say "Hey this dude knows what hes doing, imma subscribe" Thanks to anyone who take the time to review my channel!

Prilixy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 6, 2015
YouTube
first of maybe update the channel trailer to something talking about your channel instead of a 4 years old montage ^^, also the thumbnails look a little bold you dont really know what video it is, so for example if you are playing a game take a screenshoot from the game instead and put a text on that. Alltough your banner and profile picture looks very appealing

iDuskk

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 9, 2016
YouTube
first of maybe update the channel trailer to something talking about your channel instead of a 4 years old montage ^^, also the thumbnails look a little bold you dont really know what video it is, so for example if you are playing a game take a screenshoot from the game instead and put a text on that. Alltough your banner and profile picture looks very appealing

Yeah I was actually thinking of hiring the dude from fiver who does funny intros for my channel trailer. Also quick question, how do you get those links in your banner? LIke the one you have for the freedom network and twitter?

Prilixy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 6, 2015
YouTube

Hectify

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 15, 2016
YouTube
Right off the bat, your icon and banner are decent and are pretty clean. You seem to be uploading consistently. However, there is a problem with your channel trailer, being as it is 4 years old instead of fresh content or a video explaining your channel's purpose.

Video: Grind My Gears #9
Good, you have an attention catching piece of the video first and then your intro. Your intro is clean, and your introduction words are pretty simple and nice. Gameplay is nice, although for me, I seemed to notice a slight frame drop now and then. Quality is nice, although you should try to go for that 1080p. Your mic is nice, it's clear and understandable. Your commentary is good since you clearly know the topic at hand, and have lots to say about it. You never really stuttered and always had something to say through the entire video. Outro was nice, although I think it can be a little better.

Overall, I think you're doing good and you should keep it up!

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
Alright, so let's start this off..

Banner: Not Bad.. Nice, sleek. Might consider putting up the times you upload. (Weekly, MWF, whatevs)

No Channel Trailer: I don't know anything about your channel. It seems like you may be using copyright music (which will ultimately destroy your channel if you are) and this is a montage.. but what if I don't like Gears of War? Also.. Ok you're playing Gears of War.. I can watch anyone play Gears of war.. So .. Why would I stay? You're not adding anything or telling me why I need to be apart of your channel.

Thumbnails and Titles:
Thumbnails and titles work in Tandem and should tell a story. What story are your videos and thumbnails telling? They don't feel like they are... They need to make the viewer ask a question.. Which will make them open the video up.

Video: Nice teaser, good intro, nice video.. Might consider upping the volume of your voice a bit.

Tags: Your tags are decent but you arent' filling them out. Consider completely filling them out. You have a 500 limit so be sure to use it. Consider going to youtube search or google search and typing in 'halo wars' <or what ever the topic is> and using all applicable drop downs.